Would you wear this on March 29?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't risk it to be honest. I have no problem with the look and I think in general golf should be slightly more relaxed and allow sport-based t-shirts like that. But as it stands now - just because a pro wore a t-shirt, it doesn't necessarily mean my club or other local clubs will allow it. I wouldn't risk turning up in that t-shirt and them say I can't wear it, as then my options will be buy a 50 quid polo from the shop or go straight home. Might as well just chuck a polo on in the morning and save any potential facepalm moment.

When golf clubs actually say yes you can wear collarless shirts - then I would absolutely wear it.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that players should dress appropriately, no football jerseys, cut-off jeans etc, but this sort of thing is, like white belts and loud trousers, fine if you can carry it off. Some clothes also need you to be a decent player to match the statement of the clothes.

This one suits a slim, young, decent player, so that is 3 reasons I won't be wearing it.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
If I'm honest with myself, the athletic cut of that shirt will not flatter my sizable manboobs :( Otherwise I'd consider it on a sunny day (y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't risk it to be honest. I have no problem with the look and I think in general golf should be slightly more relaxed and allow sport-based t-shirts like that. But as it stands now - just because a pro wore a t-shirt, it doesn't necessarily mean my club or other local clubs will allow it. I wouldn't risk turning up in that t-shirt and them say I can't wear it, as then my options will be buy a 50 quid polo from the shop or go straight home. Might as well just chuck a polo on in the morning and save any potential facepalm moment.

When golf clubs actually say yes you can wear collarless shirts - then I would absolutely wear it.
My club dress code recognises golfing attire for what it is - attire for playing golf in - and is pretty relaxed about it. But I'd still be told to tuck my shirt in...

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't like the design of the collar - quite like the idea of wearing a t shirt though. Mind you most golf clothing looks awful because most golfers have the body of John Daly rather than the athletic look of the modern pro. So you can't polish a turd, but it seems a lot try to roll in glitter :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 3432

Not really aimed at the age demographic of this forum.

As a 25 year old I would wear it no problem. As a 55 year old year my wife wouldn't allow me out of the house dressed like that.

sunshine

Visit site
The only "controversial" thing here is his shirt isn't tucked in. I find it amusing when people get offended by this type of thing.

Tiger has worn tops like this for years (see Dan's photo). I remember back in 2006 I saw a lot of people wearing these types of tops, less so second time round after the 2019 Masters. The trousers / joggers have been popular on tour for a few years now and don't raise eyebrows any more. If he was wearing a normal polo shirt tucked in with these trousers I don't think anyone would notice.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’ve yet to see anyone get pulled up for having their shirt out rather than tucked-in (& a fair few do wear it out). Actually saw a couple of fellas in cargo style shorts at a comp yesterday, can’t say I’m a fan but they weren’t prevented from playing

They looked scruffy to me but that was more to do with the age/condition of them rather than the style (it was the same for a few of the guys who wore ‘proper’ golf trousers that were clearly out with their 'best before date' some years ago) So if its in good condition the t-shirt style is probably quite comfortable for golf but I prefer open neck

Golf clothes are no different to gloves/balls, nice to use on the course when new but after a wee while they should be relegated to range work only… then binned. Some people don't know when to let go (even if its tucked in)

I could make a fortune selling mirrors, the sheer number of people I see that clearly don't own one!