• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Would you blacklist a club based on its rules

• Total voters

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hence why it wasn’t about “joining” a club more about going to play a course

For example RSG only allow long socks if wearing shorts - now would someone say “nope I’m not playing there because of that rule “
No I would just wear trousers.
Can’t stand foresomes and would not play that anywhere.
I must admit a dress code does not put me off.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are a few rules I find mildly irritating such as not being able to change shoes in the car park and no fourballs if there are four of us, though I quite understand the need for the latter as if I was a member of a course with a lot of visitors a lot of slow four balls would drive me mad.
Can't say dress rules particularly bother me as long as they are well displayed in advance, though if it was not a particularly good course I would look elsewhere rather than pack a jacket and tie.
I was a bit fed up at a club I belonged too when the club Steward insisted I couldn't come into the lounge with visitors because I was wearing trainers. ( I wasn't, they were just a more modern shoe than he was used to)

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems the poll hasn't gone in the direction the OP intended or thought!

As for someone being narrow minded by not wishing to play somewhere for any number of reasons! What utter rubbish, I suspect that person needs to broaden their vocabulary and mind a little. Or a lot actually :D

People are different, which is great. We all have different ideas as to what is acceptable or not, so of course people will choose not to play or join somewhere based on various regulations.

Long socks? If they insist, then just pull them down after the first tee shot or hole, or even change into shorter socks. Problem solved ;D

Sorry ? But what was I intending ?

It’s been an interesting thread seeing the differing ideas and opinion on what stops them playing at a club.

Was the poll supposed to go in any particular direction ?

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blacklist any which
- do not rigidly enforce rounds < 4 hours for 4 ball
- aforementioned silly dress codes (which pretty much means any dress restrictions based on subjective judgements of what is “acceptable” etc
- any which charge less for membership to younger people who earn substantially more than me
- any that don’t have mixed competitions as the norm weekend comp

Pin-seeker

Visit site

It’s been an interesting thread seeing the differing ideas and opinion on what stops them playing at a club.

He was possibly meaning that you wouldn’t like it because you have such a problem with people having a different opinion to you.
And maybe you started the thread because you got a little upset over the sock thread & you got told off by a Mod AGAIN 🤷‍♂️🤣

Just bantz Phil 😘

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Probably to try and cause a debate on a topic you know will have strong opinions on both sides and then paint yourself as some kind of know it all who we all should aspire to be.. when at the same time coming across a condescending pillock who has too much time on his hands

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Probably to try and cause a debate on a topic you know will have strong opinions on both sides and then paint yourself as some kind of know it all who we all should aspire to be.. when at the same time coming across a condescending pillock who has too much time on his hands

Attachments

• 2A84725C-E962-4542-97AD-305D507CD189.jpeg
    2A84725C-E962-4542-97AD-305D507CD189.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
D

Deleted member 1740

No, if it’s a course I liked the look of or it was recommended I’d play it and tow the line for 4hrs or so.

I wouldn’t play foursomes or 2balls so I’d just book another day when we could play as a4ball. This rule must be a southern thing because I’ve never heard of it until mentioned on here a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 21258

Oh yeah there are courses off my list due to their rules :-

1. Insisting you have a caddy...no goer

2. Courses that insist that they can join you up with other players( but only if I cant get a 4ball together)

think that is the only times, I would not play a course or I have walked out of a course when they told me I had to (but will have a think about it, as sure they must have been other occasions:eek:)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

2. Courses that insist that they can join you up with other players( but only if I cant get a 4ball together)

think that is the only times, I would not play a course or I have walked out of a course when they told me I had to (but will have a think about it, as sure they must have been other occasions:eek:)
I think one thing for me is that there are very few absolutes and quite a few minor quibbles.
I would certainly obey all those rules and quite a few more if the opportunity was to play Augusta or other such courses. An ordinary reasonable course that has a virtually identical course next to it may lose my custom if it 's dress code is one that I find even mildly onerous.
Some rules are mildly irritating but can't think of many that for me are ethical deal breakers that would stop me playing a course.

Hitdaball

Visit site
Wouldn’t play any course that didn’t allow females.

Wouldn’t join any course as a member for a whole lot of other reason but that isn’t the question and I’d hate to derail the thread.....

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Well, he started a discussion right here which you and your partner have struggled to bring anything too.
Perhaps you’re the ones who only post crap and are ruining the forum?
🤔🤔🤔🤔👍
Yeah maybe 🤷‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I hadn't thought of that one but like you if it was mandatory it'd put me off... Then I thought about the next level, I play courses where its mandatory to have a golf cart, but because I actually want a golf cart anyway i'm ok with the rule... so I've confused myself a bit there :unsure:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hence why it wasn’t about “joining” a club more about going to play a course

For example RSG only allow long socks if wearing shorts - now would someone say “nope I’m not playing there because of that rule “

Yes, I wouldn't play RSG if I had to wear long socks with shorts.