Would Club rules stop you from playing the club

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Would you blacklist a club based on its rules

• Total voters

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I’d love the opportunity to have a caddie experience. Mainly because I can’t read putts, often struggle to decide on the best shot etc

May have a go with the tour caddie ex, that BIM linked, next year.

Let us know if you do & how you get on James; would you do it alone or be prepared to share to defray the costs a little... :unsure:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
But isn't the point that they are doing stuff that you can't do for yourself; read lines, accurately gauge distances & club you, advise on tactics.

I get the butler bit & I'm inclined to agree with that, but see the caddie aspect totally differently.
Strange one but I putt by instinct. Never really line anything up and that works for me. Puts me right off trying to putt on a line given to me. That is very particular to me though and a reason it is not for me. As for the other points, I am not sure that my game is up to being given lines, tactics etc. If I could be relatively certain that I could put the ball in the rough area that I was being told then all well and good but the game is not really up to that and it would frustrate me not being able to do what was being suggested.

It is a very personal thing but just not one that would suit me.

D

Deleted member 1147

Let us know if you do & how you get on James; would you do it alone or be prepared to share to defray the costs a little... :unsure:
I’d gladly share the experience, golfs a social & sociable game after all!

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I’d gladly share the experience, golfs a social & sociable game after all!

Must admit I've always thought the Woburn 4 ball is an absolute bargain...

£275 a man including greenfee and TCE with Terry Mundy who's going to know Woburn like the back of his hand. My only concern is if you'd get a much better experience and knowledge from a solo session which isn't the end of the world as you could always just do a solo around your home course afterwards and have a mix of experience from different tour caddies.

D

Deleted member 1147

Ru

£275 a man including greenfee and TCE with Terry Mundy who's going to know Woburn like the back of his hand. My only concern is if you'd get a much better experience and knowledge from a solo session which isn't the end of the world as you could always just do a solo around your home course afterwards and have a mix of experience from different tour caddies.
Russell Knox’s caddie is a TCE caddie, and is based in Derby, so I may look at having him tell me how to get around Kedleston properly.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

not sure I see the value in a caddie round such a tree lined course. he'd just be telling me not to hit it in the trees again off every tee 🤣🤣🤣

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm playing Teeth of the Dog in Dominican later this year. Carts and caddies are mandatory.
So I'm guessing he'll go and stand 250 yards up the fairway waiting for my drive, and I'll arrive 3 shots later to him asleep under a tree.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’d love the opportunity to have a caddie experience. Mainly because I can’t read putts, often struggle to decide on the best shot etc

May have a go with the tour caddie ex, that BIM linked, next year.

Had a caddie at St Andrews, Old Course a couple of years back. He was brilliant. Lines off the tee, yardages and how putts broke, he was spot on. After a few holes him and the other caddie my mate had had got used to our p-taking sense of humour, and they both joined in. From the golfing perspective, they really added something to the round and they were great company too.

We both shot mid 70's, and the caddies undoubtably saved us a few shots.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a caddie at St Andrews, Old Course a couple of years back. He was brilliant. Lines off the tee, yardages and how putts broke, he was spot on. After a few holes him and the other caddie my mate had had got used to our p-taking sense of humour, and they both joined in. From the golfing perspective, they really added something to the round and they were great company too.

We both shot mid 70's, and the caddies undoubtably saved us a few shots.

The Old Course is one of the ones I have had a caddy on, even at my level he was helpful, and like yours soon got used to the banter and had a beer or two with us afterwards

Wolf

Visit site
Strange one but I putt by instinct. Never really line anything up and that works for me. Puts me right off trying to putt on a line given to me. That is very particular to me though and a reason it is not for me. As for the other points, I am not sure that my game is up to being given lines, tactics etc. If I could be relatively certain that I could put the ball in the rough area that I was being told then all well and good but the game is not really up to that and it would frustrate me not being able to do what was being suggested.

It is a very personal thing but just not one that would suit me.
I putt in exactly the same way, putting is very personal to my game and a real strength of it to. Can't stand someone offering me a line or target. I putt hugely on feel and whenever I've been offered mine it puts me off massively. When clubbing I like to get a yardage and choose my own club and how to hit it, I'd rather use my GPS for that. I guess you could say I'm very insular in how I play my own game and when had a Caddy found I was listening to much and putting myself off, ended up with him as no more than a bag carrier and rather do that myself than pay someone to do that for sake of it.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I putt in exactly the same way, putting is very personal to my game and a real strength of it to. Can't stand someone offering me a line or target. I putt hugely on feel and whenever I've been offered mine it puts me off massively. When clubbing I like to get a yardage and choose my own club and how to hit it, I'd rather use my GPS for that. I guess you could say I'm very insular in how I play my own game and when had a Caddy found I was listening to much and putting myself off, ended up with him as no more than a bag carrier and rather do that myself than pay someone to do that for sake of it.
But it doesn't matter 'how' you putt, the line and pace doesn't change (unless trying to take the break out of a short putt by ramming it in)

D

Deleted member 1418

I'm playing Teeth of the Dog in Dominican later this year. Carts and caddies are mandatory.
So I'm guessing he'll go and stand 250 yards up the fairway waiting for my drive, and I'll arrive 3 shots later to him asleep under a tree.

Just make sure you have the correct colour socks.......😉😂

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It's clear as it is with many things that all caddies are not created equal

I've used a few, mostly as replacements for golf cart if the course is too wet etc
But these are generally young lads and while they know the basics I think they realise that they are primarily there to take the strain of bag carrying
Comparatively a caddie here is actually much cheaper than a golf cart so you get what you pay for I suppose

D

Deleted member 1418

But it doesn't matter 'how' you putt, the line and pace doesn't change (unless trying to take the break out of a short putt by ramming it in)

Indeed. I had a 10ft uphill putt for birdie on the first on the Old Course. Caddie walked behind me as I was lining up and just said 'breaks more from the left than you think, probably another 6-8 inches; hit it firm' - straight in centre of the cup. He gave me some great lines on both tee shots and putts.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I’ve used a caddie back in South Africa loads of times. It’s a job there and income to support a family perhaps.

Most are great on the greens and I didn’t lose any balls in the rough either because they really look where the ball goes and feel bad about not being able to find it