Worst golfing Christmas present?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
It's that time of the year again - what's the worst golfing paraphernalia etc that you've received for Christmas? Not sure how my aunty got hold of a dozen Harrods golf balls, living in the middle of Wales in the mid 80s, but these always stick in my mind. Like bricks and cracked on impact though the wrapping was nice

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a split between the ball monogrammer that doesn't work or the book of amusing quotes that aren't amusing.

Sad to say that any presents on here will all be defeated by this years special at AG. A pair of slippers with a print of St Andrews on them. Truly hideous and no doubt already a well meaning relative has bought and wrapped a pair for one of us ??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was given one of these several years back. Straight up into the loft when putting the decorations away. A few years later to the charity shop in mint condition.

View attachment 40034
This is indeed seriously naff if you are not a puzzler…however if you are, then much less so - though being a bit of a puzzler myself this sort of image is not my bag. Mind you as @Boomy, I’d still do it ?

But I am totally with you on how some folks who know I play golf seem to assume that I would like anything golf-related. We can be a bit obsessive about our game…but not always endlessly so. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had it all. The ball stamper that didn't even work, the Emoji golf balls that were rocks and the face wore off after four hits anyway, the ultraviolet golf ball finding glasses (useless), the umbrella holder that's meant to fit any trolley but it's flimsy and not even strong enough to hold the brolly vertically for more than five minutes, golf balls from Harrods in a pointless leather ball holder that clips onto your belt (just why??), golf balls from the House of Commons, the toilet putting game, and more than one relative who bought me a glove but for some reason thought I would wear a large!?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had it all. The ball stamper that didn't even work, the Emoji golf balls that were rocks and the face wore off after four hits anyway, the ultraviolet golf ball finding glasses (useless), the umbrella holder that's meant to fit any trolley but it's flimsy and not even strong enough to hold the brolly vertically for more than five minutes, golf balls from Harrods in a pointless leather ball holder that clips onto your belt (just why??), golf balls from the House of Commons, the toilet putting game, and more than one relative who bought me a glove but for some reason thought I would wear a large!?

geez your family love you dont they :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site

????
The ball finder glasses.
Leather ball holder that clips on your belt.
????
I’m crying. Imagine actually seeing someone on the course with all that gear. I hope you still use it all

evemccc

Visit site
Opened yesterday…Murder on the Links Poirot book and some novelty chocolate golf balls…

I gave a £50 bottle of Japanese gin ?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Once got a pair of royal and awesome trousers from someone that thought all golfers dress like a kings jester. They went straight into the charity shop.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A drinks coaster with the question "Before golf was invented what did men do again?"

Not only the worst but annoyingly functional. It happened to be on a shelf in the spare room so I've used it every day through the pandemic since we started working from home in March 2020.