My Irons and Wedge fitting

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good write up Gareth.

Sounds like a nice set of sticks there. I have the Nippon NS Pro shafts as I prefer them lighter but it's just personal preference after all. I also have Black Nickel Wedges and like the less shiney look they have.

Now! the pressing question: Will you be getting some neoprene head covers :)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Good write up Gareth.

Sounds like a nice set of sticks there. I have the Nippon NS Pro shafts as I prefer them lighter but it's just personal preference after all. I also have Black Nickel Wedges and like the less shiney look they have.

Now! the pressing question: Will you be getting some neoprene head covers :)

Noooooooo Brian

5C61F4AE-36D7-40D2-A082-562D04B0ACFA-3799-0000019F4144C6DA_zps195820ce.jpg

I got some proper ones thrown in :thup:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Excellent write up although I'm not sold on the DNA device. There have been several fitting threads now here where the three shaft choices were nowhere near what was finally fitted

As has been said Homer, it's just a starting point.

The rest of the fitting process still applies, it's just a semi-efficient way of narrowing shafts down rather than trying every single one until you chance on one that fits.

Very useful tool IMHO :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nice one Gaz - good looking shineys.

Glad you'll be keeping them shiney!

Getting the drooling for new shineys myself.......

A

Alex1975

Custom fitting is a waste of time, you should have gone to AG and got them off the rack.....

A

Alex1975

Great write up buddy, I really enjoyed it. I personally think the 63s are much better looking than the 64s so well worth the saving in my opinion.

You are clearly making the best of your swing, very impressive. I am hitting my 6 iron 160 yards carry with a launch of 17.5* and 5500 rpm and a swing speed average of 84 mph. You have 1* less loft than me and a whole lot less swing speed.... Your aceing it!!! Any idea what your spin was?

It is not light shafts per say, as we talked about in pm the DG SL is low launch, however I am glad you did not get the XP it is so high and rainbowy.

When will you get them?

Al

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Great write up buddy, I really enjoyed it. I personally think the 63s are much better looking than the 64s so well worth the saving in my opinion.

You are clearly making the best of your swing, very impressive. I am hitting my 6 iron 160 yards carry with a launch of 17.5* and 5500 rpm and a swing speed average of 84 mph. You have 1* less loft than me and a whole lot less swing speed.... Your aceing it!!! Any idea what your spin was?

It is not light shafts per say, as we talked about in pm the DG SL is low launch, however I am glad you did not get the XP it is so high and rainbowy.

When will you get them?

Al

You know. Spin was one thing I meant to take note of and I completely forgot. I got really carried away with the whole experience with it being my first fitting and to be honest I was hoping the 63's launched similar to the 32's so that's all I was looking at. That and carry.

With the XP's the launch was much, much higher sometimes as much as 6* more than the R300. as a result I was getting a very, very high flight which resulted in less over all carry. Once it reached it's apex it seemed to drop pretty much vertically.

The R300 gave a much lower launch angle, with an average of 16* but the flight, although lower was much more forward. The XP seemed to climb and drop where are the R300 had a much, much more forward flight that once hit it's peak began to drop off at a much shallower angle and gave a little more run.

I'll ring the fitter in the morning just to see if he still has my fitting sheet and the spin data.

As for delivery. He said they should be here for the latter part of this week, Monday next week at the very latest.

I'll get some pictures up one they arrive.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great write good luck and enjoy the new shineys.

There every chance they'll still have your data and can email it to you to check spin rates carry launch angle etc..

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, do you remember what the stats were for your 32's to compare against?

I don't Gary unfortunatley.

Like I said to Alex, I got a little carried away by the whole day with it being the first time I've been fitted and for got most of the things I was wanting to note.

One thing I do remember is the 32's launched lower than the 63's with the same shaft, but overall carry was broardly similar. The reason I noticed and remember this stat is I was semi-hoping for a similar launch angle between the two, if not a touch higher from the 63's. From memory there was only a degreee or 2 in it.