Putters

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I do every now and then give the Stricker method a blast - lift the heel up a touch

But it will depend on what you think you are having issues with - if the backswing seems a bit "judery" ( if that's a word) it could be the wrists moving ever so slightly so might be worth getting a fatter grip to encourage quieter wrists without the need to throttle or strengthen the grip ?

yeah I've gone down the jumbo grip route and it definitely helps (what doesn't help is the office putter is a TM Rossa with standard grip so I guess I'm mixing it too much)

Weirdly I get more chance to practice putt at work than I do on the practice green or home

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hate to think how many putters I've tried over the last few years!

Promised myself a treat after a long process we were going through ended last year and also to stop my tinkering!! I like the Anser style putters, just look "right" to me.

So I treated myself to

I absolutely love it, plan is to keep it and just practice with it (who'd have thought practice helps...... :whistle:)

I did put a SuperStroke 2.0 grip on it at the weekend as I like the feel of them.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used one of these Mizuno Mps for about 12 months Now.
I love the soft feel, it's very forgiving and gives a good consistent roll even when you don't quite middle it..something that for me is essential.
Ive always seemed to get on best with face balanced putters and this fits the bill perfectly. Its definately a stayer !!

c873470094e6381b99f43c0e02d6d283_zps3x98e7fe.jpg

Last edited:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hate to think how many putters I've tried over the last few years!

Promised myself a treat after a long process we were going through ended last year and also to stop my tinkering!! I like the Anser style putters, just look "right" to me.

So I treated myself to

I absolutely love it, plan is to keep it and just practice with it (who'd have thought practice helps...... :whistle:)

I did put a SuperStroke 2.0 grip on it at the weekend as I like the feel of them.

I'll give it a week!! :whistle:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
This is mine....,View attachment 14956

Pure titanium, heat treated to give the rainbow-ish finish, milled face, tungsten weights in the heel and toe - suits me!

I've used this style for years, the half-mallet, face-balanced type.
Sometimes with an insert, sometimes not but these days a milled face is my preference.
Dabbled with 2-balls and had a Fang No.7 for a while but I've always drifted back to this style.

Rather tasty! Tour Blues (3 styles) were made by Bettinardi when he first went to Callaway - before making them under the Hogan brand. Horrendously expensive (£249 from memory) when they first came out over 10 years ago! I managed to pick the entire promotion/demo set from an old club for £90 when they had a clear out! One of my, rare, profitable dabbles!

I favour centre shafted models - or at least face-balanced. The Betti Baby Bee (fugly aluminium mallet; c/s version of one Furyk won US open with) has been in the bag for pretty much permanently since 2003, though plenty of experiments! Another C/S (a hand built one from a Scot I know) occasionally gets used and I used a Dave Hicks (I have 2) for the first time in 7 or 8 years yesterday - it worked rather well!

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Switched to an Odessey 2 ball about 10 years ago (??) but never really got on with it.

About 5/6 years ago bought a Mizuno Bettinardi in a sale and then won a Bettinardi Matt Kutcher Model 1 in Twitter comp just before Christmas 2013 and never looked back.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have just gone back to a blade style (8802 etc) putter, a Yes Sophia, with the 1.0 SuperStroke grip on it. Lovely putter if you like the look and have an arced stroke.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have my Never compromise gambler flush, which is similar to an Odessey number 9. It's got a milled face, a nice weight, and suits my eye. I've lengthened it out to 36 1/2", which I always do, and put a black widow grip on it.

I won't be changing this putter any time soon.

I have the same putter at 35" after seeing yours on here I looked it up and fell in love with it, got one of my own at Christmas time and I don't think I'll change anytime soon either

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone else thought about buying an identical second putter? I'm tempted to have two of my current putter (Ping Scottsdale TR Shea, adjustable shaft) so that I can always have one with me and the other stays in the bag.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to me one of these. If the carpet putting last night was anything to go by me and this little puppy are going to be friends.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Switched from my 'vintage' Acushnet Bulls-Eye flange about a year ago to a Odyssey White Hot # 2 Center Shafted Putter. Just a wee bit of difference and just loving it.