World Handicap System - submitting own scores

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
For competitions, we check all cards have been returned, yes. Otherwise they get an NR. Do we check every score? No, only the top scores. However, if a wrong score is typed in, a player will often highlight it as they all know what each other got. If not, it will often still be a 0.1 increase anyway. Worst case, the difference will be 0.1 to their handicap. However, we do check ALL cards are signed and have the handicaps on them.

Well, I am glad that, as handicap secretary, I can officially not check the details of a supplementary card, not check whether it is signed or correct handicap applied. Or is it just the scores I don't need to bother with? Even if I don't have to bother about the details, you must admit that, under WHS I will still have to find those cards and log them against entered scores, based on your highlighted comment. If we get inundated with scores, that could still be some task, especially if cards are missing. What then, ignore it?
I can't remember if you have already said if your players enter their scores into a PSI or whether you do the entry.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is your club doing?

We are waiting until membership renewal date is well past, I see a lot of players being considered for a handicap suspension (we have more than 100 players with no real handicap record since early 2018) and do not want to give them a reason to finally give up playing.

We want the course to be good enough to use for supplementary scores, we currently have more than 2 temps nearly every time the course is actually open.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If we have a winter like this one where many courses are closed or conditions are such that qualifiers and supplementary cards won't be an issue there will (I hope ) be a long enough period to bed everything in.

IMO I'm not sure there's going to be a massive increase in supplementary cards and even if there is most systems mean checking supp cards agains whatever system is used for recording the round is quick and simple.

Swango1980

Visit site
rst: 2124920 said:
I can't remember if you have already said if your players enter their scores into a PSI or whether you do the entry.
I do entry, but golfers technically can use PSI. I day technically, because the psi screen no longer provides a supplementary option and we can't figure out why

Swango1980

Visit site
What system do you use
Club V1. There used to be an option to sign in and enter for a supplementary score. But, it just disappeared. The comp sec, who uses the system most, cannot find why the option has disappeared. Obviously, it is just one thing we'll need to get sorted before the summer, and certainly before November

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club V1. There used to be an option to sign in and enter for a supplementary score. But, it just disappeared. The comp sec, who uses the system most, cannot find why the option has disappeared. Obviously, it is just one thing we'll need to get sorted before the summer, and certainly before November
Talk to their helpline , they've been very helpful to us in the past

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

If he has the necessary permissions he needs to check at :
Club
Settings
PSI Settings
Make sure - Allow PSI Supplementary Scores is ticked

Failing that as advised, the help desk is very good and are also able to take over the desk top to check out your system and settings

Swango1980

Visit site
If he has the necessary permissions he needs to check at :
Club
Settings
PSI Settings
Make sure - Allow PSI Supplementary Scores is ticked

Failing that as advised, the help desk is very good and are also able to take over the desk top to check out your system and settings
Many thanks. Just logged in now. I can get as far as Settings, but no PSI Settings option within that. So, perhaps we do not have the permissions. I shall ask the owners next time I am up. Maybe they accidentally unticked the box