Can scores obtained abroad impact my handicap?

Rob_golfs

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me in answering this as my friends and I are thinking of booking a golf trip and whilst away we were wondering if the score that we get on the courses that we played on could be contributed to our handicap.

For example, I go to a course in Florida, and want to add my final score to my england golf handicap? I'm not sure if this is possible, hence the question.

If I want my scores from around the world contribute to my handicap, is there a way that this can be done? I'm fairly new to the game of golf but everyone is asking about my handicap so I thought I should make a start here and obtain one.

I have signed up to England iGolf as I am not a member at a club and have been given my membership number this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me in answering this as my friends and I are thinking of booking a golf trip and whilst away we were wondering if the score that we get on the courses that we played on could be contributed to our handicap.

For example, I go to a course in Florida, and want to add my final score to my england golf handicap? I'm not sure if this is possible, hence the question.

If I want my scores from around the world contribute to my handicap, is there a way that this can be done? I'm fairly new to the game of golf but everyone is asking about my handicap so I thought I should make a start here and obtain one.

I have signed up to England iGolf as I am not a member at a club and have been given my membership number this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

So, you are now a member of iGolf. Assuming that you now have gained a handicap from iGolf, you need to ask them how you report back to them on rounds played abroad. People who are members of affiliated clubs can send details of such rounds to the club by whatever means the club has agreed - email, pics by whatsapp etc..

Rob_golfs

Visit site
So, you are now a member of iGolf. Assuming that you now have gained a handicap from iGolf, you need to ask them how you report back to them on rounds played abroad. People who are members of affiliated clubs can send details of such rounds to the club by whatever means the club has agreed - email, pics by whatsapp etc..
Thanks, rosecott! I'll send them a message and find out what they say :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it's an 'acceptable' round for H/cap purposes why should it be OK to simply not include it?

Rulefan's post suggested that the OP was in some way wrong by not submitting his scores as General Play cards. As far as I am aware, there is no expectation that, outside of competition, players should be submitting GP scores whenever they set foot on the course. When I go on my annual Belek trip in late April I won't be giving a thought to submitting GP cards.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rulefan's post suggested that the OP was in some way wrong by not submitting his scores as General Play cards. As far as I am aware, there is no expectation that, outside of competition, players should be submitting GP scores whenever they set foot on the course. When I go on my annual Belek trip in late April I won't be giving a thought to submitting GP cards.
I'd agree with Rulefan.... why would you not include those scores?? As the OP says, he has a fresh & possibly 'dodgy' H/cap.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd agree with Rulefan.... why would you not include those scores?? As the OP says, he has a fresh & possibly 'dodgy' H/cap.

I say again - no reason at all for the OP not to submit his scores when playing out of the country. What I was objecting to was Rulefan's suggestion that the OP would be doing something wrong by not submitting GP scores. Are you both saying that I will be wrong by not submitting GP scores on my Belek holiday?

Reactions: D-S

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I say again - no reason at all for the OP not to submit his scores when playing out of the country. What I was objecting to was Rulefan's suggestion that the OP would be doing something wrong by not submitting GP scores. Are you both saying that I will be wrong by not submitting GP scores on my Belek holiday?
I'd say that should you have some very good 'acceptable' rounds in Belek then your fellow Club members would have very good reason to ask why they weren't attached to your H/cap. I say 'good', but really it should be any acceptable rounds that should be applied. I'd decided I'd certainly feel 'uncomfortable' excluding them when in Belek the Nov of '22.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will be perfectly happy for either Rulefan or 2blue to report to my Handicap Committee the non-submission of my scores in Belek. I will also be happy to disclose the courses and dates for the rounds I will not be pre-registering and submitting.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will be perfectly happy for either Rulefan or 2blue to report to my Handicap Committee the non-submission of my scores in Belek. I will also be happy to disclose the courses and dates for the rounds I will not be pre-registering and submitting.
I still can't understand why you wouldn't want these scores in your handicap. Do you anticipate that they will be exceptionally good or poor and therefore will not reflect your ability or standard of play?