Can scores obtained abroad impact my handicap?

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me in answering this as my friends and I are thinking of booking a golf trip and whilst away we were wondering if the score that we get on the courses that we played on could be contributed to our handicap.

For example, I go to a course in Florida, and want to add my final score to my england golf handicap? I'm not sure if this is possible, hence the question.

If I want my scores from around the world contribute to my handicap, is there a way that this can be done? I'm fairly new to the game of golf but everyone is asking about my handicap so I thought I should make a start here and obtain one.

I have signed up to England iGolf as I am not a member at a club and have been given my membership number this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Hi Rob,

You can email a photo of signed scorecards to iGolf and they’ll submit it for you. I have many friends who do this when we’re away on golf trips. They usually upload the scorecard the same day. Just make sure the scorecard photo also captures the course and slope rating.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Rob,

You can email a photo of signed scorecards to iGolf and they’ll submit it for you. I have many friends who do this when we’re away on golf trips. They usually upload the scorecard the same day. Just make sure the scorecard photo also captures the course and slope rating.
It's good to hear that many iGolfers are doing what ordinary Club Golfers should be doing.🙄🙄

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you find out from iGolf how to submit foreign scores, I'll be very interested.

Submitting foreighn scores via my club has been traumatic and I was wondering if I could join igolf for handicap and join the club without county and EG fees.
EG fees are collected for Home clubs only. My County also only collect for Home clubs unless the member is also a member in another County when they may pay multiple county fees.

But iGolf is only for non-club members.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played golf with some old mates on Thursday as a catch up post Christmas.

Lots of gimmies. Drop one where you think you lost it. Not a score card in sight, just out to blow away the cobwebs and loosen the under used golf muscles.

It's called having a mess about for the fun of it.

Saturday morning was a comp. Proper rules and card/pencil in pocket.

I know, some folk think I'm manipulating my handicap and a mega cheat for stepping on a golf course sometimes without keeping score!🤣🤣🤣🥴

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Lots of gimmies. Drop one where you think you lost it. Not a score card in sight, just out to blow away the cobwebs and loosen the under used golf muscles.

I know, some folk think I'm manipulating my handicap and a mega cheat for stepping on a golf course sometimes without keeping score!🤣🤣🤣🥴
And there lies the difference..... it's called casual golf & you cannot submit it for H/cap. It's really good to play & enjoyed by many, much of the time. (y) (y)

Alan Clifford

Visit site

Given that you were not playing to the rules of golf, were you actually playing golf?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Is there a difference between social golf and 'general play'?

You apply whatever labels you choose.

If I'm putting in a general play card, proper rules and scoring. No gimmies.

Social mess-around as described, no proper score being kept, so gimmies and less rigid rules within reason.

If that's outside you scope of understanding, I'm concerned for your welfare!😉

If you don't approve, that's up to you, and frankly it doesn't concern me.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You apply whatever labels you choose.

If I'm putting in a general play card, proper rules and scoring. No gimmies.

Social mess-around as described, no proper score being kept, so gimmies and less rigid rules within reason.

If that's outside you scope of understanding, I'm concerned for your welfare!😉

If you don't approve, that's up to you, and frankly it doesn't concern me.
I was simply trying to determine peoples' perception of the difference between them (social golf and general play). My view is in fact the same as yours.
But you had highlighted the difference between social and competition, and not the classification in the WHS rules (ie the distinction between social and general play).

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
I see New Zealand has recently been added in the EG app as an additional country where scores can be submitted directly within the app (subject to the usual requirements). I guess that makes sense given the EG app was created by the same NZ company that created the equivalent NZ handicapping software. Will be interesting to see which countries come next/when this starts to finally look like a more readily 'worldwide' usable system (i.e. without needing fully manual submission).

D-S

Visit site
I see New Zealand has recently been added in the EG app as an additional country where scores can be submitted directly within the app (subject to the usual requirements). I guess that makes sense given the EG app was created by the same NZ company that created the equivalent NZ handicapping software. Will be interesting to see which countries come next/when this starts to finally look like a more readily 'worldwide' usable system (i.e. without needing fully manual submission).
EG have said that they expect Spain to come on line this year.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'd be very disappointed if they don't add courses from eSwatini, quickly followed by Greenland. If they don't, no idea why they call it a WORLD Handicap System.... :)