Women's Dress Code?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I mentioned in an earlier topic, me and the wife are doing a 'golf break' where we have a round of golf and a night in the hotel, with dinner and breakfast. She's never played before - I'm thinking about dress code. Dress codes are normally talked about as slightly more lenient for women than men - probably moreso at places that do these kind of deals as well (we're going to Coulsdon Manor). We're going to order this top because she actually likes it, I'm wondering if she can pretty much wear any black leggings though? With no logos or whatever should be alright shouldn't it? She doesn't really like what you'd call proper trousers. She's got plenty of leggings, none of them have pockets but I guess I'll be holding the tees, scorecard etc anyway... I don't think we're going to invest in golf shoes either, I've said if she picks out her grippiest pair of trainers they'll probably do.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for the ladies to answer I suspect. Does she have a pair of cropped trousers/ pedal pushers? Most women I see playing wear these in summer, not full length trousers. They can be worn off course as well as on so she might have a pair stashed away.

You are right though, the codes do seem quite liberal for women and the top you have picked ticks the box nicely.

Agree about the shoes. A waste of money for one weekend only.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
I know Coulsdon Manor she will be fine whatever she is wearing.

Although give them a call and explain your /her situation and then you will have no doubt and you will probably both be more relaxed and enjoy your round.

Visit site
The top looks really nice - and can work away from golf
Agree - a pair of trainers would be best - (esp as golf shoes may need to bed in)
Would tend to agree with Lord Tyrion - pedal pushers type may be better - but I reckon leggings would be fine (mebbe a darker colour)
All in all - that would be smart and tick all the right boxes so she won't feel out of place - I'm sure it will be fun

In saying that, I know nowt about ladies fashion apparently

sunshine

Visit site
I've had this conversation before, with a friend who always wears leggings for golf. She's played some top courses including Walton Heath in leggings so your Mrs should be fine.

Important tip: she needs to wear the thicker gym type leggings designed for sport. Normal leggings, even plain black ones, are too see through (apparently)

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Slightly off topic but if your wife is a beginner I would suggest getting a buggy as well.

It wont be a lot of fun for her if she is struggling to hit the ball but the buggy will give her a bit of fun.

You don't want her moaning that she has had enough after 3 holes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slightly off topic but if your wife is a beginner I would suggest getting a buggy as well.

It wont be a lot of fun for her if she is struggling to hit the ball but the buggy will give her a bit of fun.

You don't want her moaning that she has had enough after 3 holes
Oh don't worry about that, not getting one was never an option. :ROFLMAO: