..with x blobs (why?)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Stableford. Pah. Hackers charter. Should never have been invented. Only counting the best bits of your scoring sounds like cheating to me. Might as well choose your best 14 holes to count.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Stableford. Pah. Hackers charter. Should never have been invented. Only counting the best bits of your scoring sounds like cheating to me. Might as well choose your best 14 holes to count.

We were all once hackers - and when I was one I took great delight and encouragement from a bit of success - I never felt myself to be doing better golfers out of it.

That said - and on topic - I will sometimes mention any blobs out of frustration when I have had a really good - but not quite good enough - stableford knock.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it just helps add meat to the descriptive narrative. I scored 36 points could mean a steady round, it could mean 9 great holes and 9 poor ones so by mentioning the number of blobs you are merely giving a more detailed description of your round without going into massive amounts of detail.

I suppose there is also an element of 'the one that got away'. Saying you scored 36 points indicates an OK round, saying you had 36 points with 4 blobs says that you had 14 great holes and you are happy enough but the score could have been that much better.

Cannot see the problem myself.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think it just helps add meat to the descriptive narrative. I scored 36 points could mean a steady round, it could mean 9 great holes and 9 poor ones so by mentioning the number of blobs you are merely giving a more detailed description of your round without going into massive amounts of detail.

I suppose there is also an element of 'the one that got away'. Saying you scored 36 points indicates an OK round, saying you had 36 points with 4 blobs says that you had 14 great holes and you are happy enough but the score could have been that much better.

Cannot see the problem myself.

Is the correct answer:thup:

It's exactly the same as a low handicapper saying "I shot level par today with 4 birdies and a double on the last"

Last edited:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't disagree... but the blobs might've been for a 9 and a 12 (for example)

36 points with 2 blobs then takes on different slant... :whistle:

🎣🎣🎣

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
General question (not loaded):

A) 40 points with 0 blobs
B) 40 points with 2 blobs
C) Medal score of nett -4

How do you rank them?

All the same?

D

Deleted member 16999

General question (not loaded):

A) 40 points with 0 blobs
B) 40 points with 2 blobs
C) Medal score of nett -4

How do you rank them?

All the same?

Depends, is one of them a winning score? ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

That was going to be a follow up question - would you expect all 3 to have the same chance of winning?
In all honesty it does come down to handicap, all 3 would be a decent cut so all would be good scores, as for comps, I’d expect to be top 5 with those