..with x blobs (why?)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The what they did wrong syndrome!

:mad: One of the guys is nicknamed Quincy... postmortem after every shot
Everyone else in the group just walks on, ignoring him, leaving him chunterring (in his mind he must be a scratch golfer but CONGU have him as an 18 h/c) ;)
I used to play with a guy who was convinced all his mistakes weren't his fault. The excuses were legend. He could hear a sparrow fart 3 fairways away, and he just hated loud noises like that.
:lol:

D

Deleted member 18588

Good idea :)

Another minor annoyance is being told about every shot they've just played and what they did wrong :mad:

Oh and also being told how unlucky someone is whenever they're faced with a bad lie, blocked out, near a root etc (try hitting the f/w :mad:)

The odd time is OK but it does grate

* I probably sometimes am guilty of both offences too :whistle: ;)

I appreciate that many will think I am a rude and miserable old git but I am afraid I just couldn't play with such people.

Not interested and I can't imagine anyone would be at all interested in my round.

Once the round is finished it's ovér and done with. Move on!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I appreciate that many will think I am a rude and miserable old git but I am afraid I just couldn't play with such people.

Not interested and I can't imagine anyone would be at all interested in my round.

A lot of people play golf for the social side as much as anything else. It’s just a conversation piece. A bit like 4lads going to footy, then spending the next 2hours pulling their team or the ref to shreds. Can’t ch age it afterwards, but most still talk about it.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

or post a blow by blow account on a golf forum.:whistle:

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Good idea :)

Another minor annoyance is being told about every shot they've just played and what they did wrong :mad:

Oh and also being told how unlucky someone is whenever they're faced with a bad lie, blocked out, near a root etc (try hitting the f/w :mad:)

The odd time is OK but it does grate

* I probably sometimes am guilty of both offences too :whistle: ;)

In terms of talking about every shot in a round - I find this is mainly true of people who only recently took up the game or don't play that often.

In terms of talking about how unlucky they are - I know a couple of people who do this. They think they are much better than they actually are.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do that, but generally as an expression of disappointment. "I had 34 points but with two blobs" as in, I got 34 points which is ok, but the two blobs have kept it from being a good score, which is frustrating to me. Whereas if I'd scored on every hole and ended up with 34, I would be less frustrated as it just means I played to that general level without any really shocking holes costing me.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I do that, but generally as an expression of disappointment. "I had 34 points but with two blobs" as in, I got 34 points which is ok, but the two blobs have kept it from being a good score, which is frustrating to me. Whereas if I'd scored on every hole and ended up with 34, I would be less frustrated as it just means I played to that general level without any really shocking holes costing me.
Exactly my point. To fail to score is most often due to poor decision making, usually trying a miracle recovery after a bad shot. You should be able to limit it to a 1 or 2 over most times. When I look back, most of my blobs could have been avoided.

D

Deleted member 18588

A lot of people play golf for the social side as much as anything else. It’s just a conversation piece. A bit like 4lads going to footy, then spending the next 2hours pulling their team or the ref to shreds. Can’t ch age it afterwards, but most still talk about it.

In view of the standard my golf these days I can only claim to play for social reasons and am hopefully considered decent company..

I enjoy conversation with my PPs and fellow members both during and after the round. However, I do not want those conversations to be about their game or, God forbid, mine.

Genuinely cannot think of anything more mind numbingly boring

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Its just the golfing equivalent to the fisherman's tale of 'The one that got away'

Both could be enthralling tales or a complete bore-fest, all depends on the storyteller

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
it all a bit like the 14 handicap or higher handicap golfer whof sits in the clubhouse after the comp telling his mates he had a 70 today when in essence it was really an 84. stableford is not a proper round of golf is it ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
it all a bit like the 14 handicap or higher handicap golfer whof sits in the clubhouse after the comp telling his mates he had a 70 today when in essence it was really an 84. stableford is not a proper round of golf is it ?

Depends on the comp I guess, he'd certainly sound like a plank if it was a scratch comp but the roles are reversed and the guy spouting "gross score of xx" sounds like a right 2x4 if its a handicap comp

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Are you French, by any chance?

D

Deleted member 15344

If it’s in the clubhouse after a Comp it would normally be a HC Comp which would mean the 70 would be the correct result to talk about as that’s the score that’s valid