Winter Series Comps

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I know were not at that point in the year yet but its not that far away, so, do you get involved in any of the local winter series comps to keep your game flowing and look for handicap adjustments throughout the winter.

I like the monthly winter series comps at a few local-ish courses, always well attended, good prizes, food and very good value.

Who gets involved in these comps and where do you play them.

I like the 1 at Brampton Heath in Northamptonshire, decent course which plays well throughout the winter and always a good chance of being in the prizes where you can win both cash & pro shop vouchers.

G

guest100718

we have qualifiers all year round as long as the course is up to it. ill be playing in a 4 man winter league team this year too.

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forest of Arden do a winter series and the belfry are doing one too...normally £40 and you can get a practice round for £20 bit of prize money to play for too

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Will happily play any of the Brampton Heath ones again if youre doing them Robin, may try and do one at FofA too (probably the earliest as it can get a bit wet as winter goes on)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forest of Arden do a winter series and the belfry are doing one too...normally £40 and you can get a practice round for £20 bit of prize money to play for too

Belfry winter league starts in November on the brabazon. £50 with a sizeable Prize fund. Might sound like a bargain but the course plays crap in winter and looooooong too

coxy17

Hacker
Visit site
Really interested in playing a few comps few the winter, what handicap would i need as i have not got one at the moment just in the process of putting in 3 scorecards, is there anything else I would need to do

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Really interested in playing a few comps few the winter, what handicap would i need as i have not got one at the moment just in the process of putting in 3 scorecards, is there anything else I would need to do

The winter series comps I play in are monthly, some are the 1st or 2nd Tuesday or Thursdays of the month, handicap certs or CDH numbers are required as there full handicap stableford formats and as there qualifiers results are sent back to your club for adjustment.

coxy17

Hacker
Visit site
The winter series comps I play in are monthly, some are the 1st or 2nd Tuesday or Thursdays of the month, handicap certs or CDH numbers are required as there full handicap stableford formats and as there qualifiers results are sent back to your club for adjustment.

Cheers for that all new to the game, only been a member at stratford oaks since april, will they provide me with the certificate and number or is it something i will need to send away for.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers for that all new to the game, only been a member at stratford oaks since april, will they provide me with the certificate and number or is it something i will need to send away for.

when you are awarded your first handicap you should get a CDH number (if not you apply to England golf for one I think)

D

Deleted member 15344

Played FoA in March and it was sodden - the back 9'was ok but the front 9 a mess. Wouldn't want to see what it's like in mid winter

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played FoA in March and it was sodden - the back 9'was ok but the front 9 a mess. Wouldn't want to see what it's like in mid winter

No better I'm afraid. its a course that really struggles for drainage in the winter. I Played last December along side rob rock. My other pp won with 5 under gross and got £500

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not seen too many of these around here. Happy to bumble around my own course playing in qualifiers. Not sure I'd be happy paying money for a course that may or may not be sodden and not in great nick.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not seen too many of these around here. Happy to bumble around my own course playing in qualifiers. Not sure I'd be happy paying money for a course that may or may not be sodden and not in great nick.

£30 for brampton heath including a decent dinner and prizes is a bargain, drainage is excellent. just have to pick the right venues at the right times

Fish

Banned
Visit site
£30 for brampton heath including a decent dinner and prizes is a bargain, drainage is excellent. just have to pick the right venues at the right times

Exactly, not only the main comp but a £5 cash sweep also, sat next to someone who picked up £160 in vouchers and then over £100 in the sweep also, always a good 2 course meal afterwards, prizes right down to 10th or more at times when a full field, all for the princely sum of £30 on a sand based course right next door to Northampton GC, I'll be playing it over this coming winter.