Winter Series Comps

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fish, have Brampton opened entries for this yet? Just wondering if we're confirmed for the 20th.

I just called them to confirm as their own website was showing last years dates, lucky you prompted it as I got 1 of the last 2 tee-times :eek:

So it's Tuesday 20th October and were off at 10.21am, hope that's OK for everyone.

Know/bring your CDH number as its a qualifier.

Fish
Oxfordcomma
Fundy
Crow

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I just called them to confirm as their own website was showing last years dates, lucky you prompted it as I got 1 of the last 2 tee-times :eek:

So it's Tuesday 20th October and were off at 10.21am, hope that's OK for everyone.

Know/bring your CDH number as its a qualifier.

Fish
Oxfordcomma
Fundy
Crow

I gather were all still ok for this, I'll be there around 9am-ish for some breakie then hit the range for a quick warm up before our tee time.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Probably a little later as I need to get the boy off to school before I leave, I'll have to choose between hitting the range or the bacon roll. (Easy choice really :D)

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Any of the NW crew know of any in the area?

They have them on the coast, mostly 4BBB comps, a few I know of are;

Blackpool North Shore,
Fleetwood,
Knott End,
Morecambe.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I gather were all still ok for this, I'll be there around 9am-ish for some breakie then hit the range for a quick warm up before our tee time.

As I can't play golf for toffee any more I only go to these events for the brekkie so that sounds good to me. :thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was good fun as always at Brampton Heath, course is in great nick as it always seems to be at this time of year. Thanks Robin, Nick and Ben, the company was far better than the golf, cant remember missing so many greens from the fairway. The only minor positive was that I didn't manage to come last :ears: . Onwards and upwards, signed up for Novembers, score cant get any worse!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yeah, if it wasn't for the company, banter and good weather I could have been bordering suicidal!

I can't believe I had to leave my driver in the bag after a few holes, I just couldn't get anything from it! Normally if my driving is slightly off or inconsistent my short game is good and gets me out of trouble, but I just had a whole round of poo :(

Thanks to Steve, Nick & Ben for your excellent company, other than my nice birdie just missing out on nearest the pin there's nothing much to talk about, the course was in excellent condition for the time of year, the rough was good and long, the trees had grown since I was last there, I think the course yardage is incorrect, it's not 6250 it was 7500 today, oh, and a 4-ball nearly hit me on the full with a stray drive and never shouted so with having a poor round I made a point of telling him he was an arse :smirk:

...and yes, I came last :whoo: well in our 4-ball I definitely did and thinking about it, I could have been last for the day :eek:

Where's the red wine :cheers:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'll second that, great company, thanks Robin, Steve & Ben, but golf could have been a lot better.

Apart from the first hole I drove the ball pretty well and was usually in position to attack the green but rarely managed to get the ball there, add to that taking three from the fringe or green on several occasions. :confused:

Hung on to my ball all the way to the last where I had a go at a real sucker pin (I blame Steve for setting the challenge) and carved it into the water, dropped a ball by the hazard and fatted that in too.