Winter Series Comps

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Exactly, not only the main comp but a £5 cash sweep also, sat next to someone who picked up £160 in vouchers and then over £100 in the sweep also, always a good 2 course meal afterwards, prizes right down to 10th or more at times when a full field, all for the princely sum of £30 on a sand based course right next door to Northampton GC, I'll be playing it over this coming winter.

ill definitely join you mate, let me know when you know the dates

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ben,
I can't see too many in our area yet but some pairs events have been sent to me that include our place.

Send me a pm with your email if you want that listing as I am struggling to work out how to attach it on here.

Cheers Mark will do, had a look and most are 90 mins from me, if there was a wee forum meet at one would be up for going to one or two.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Exactly, not only the main comp but a £5 cash sweep also, sat next to someone who picked up £160 in vouchers and then over £100 in the sweep also, always a good 2 course meal afterwards, prizes right down to 10th or more at times when a full field, all for the princely sum of £30 on a sand based course right next door to Northampton GC, I'll be playing it over this coming winter.

Are you playing the October one Robin? Unlike you & Fundy I'm a working man so I can't do all of them, would like to give the first one a try though and I do have a couple of days leave that I need to use up. It's the day before my birthday as well :).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Are you playing the October one Robin? Unlike you & Fundy I'm a working man so I can't do all of them, would like to give the first one a try though and I do have a couple of days leave that I need to use up. It's the day before my birthday as well :).

Yes I will be, I will contact Kieran to see when it open to enter and put Fundy, Crow, You & myself in, I know Steve likes late mornings so I'll try for around 11am if that's OK with everyone although that's right at the back of the field as he now splits the starts between the 1st & 10th which has worked better than previous years. If you can all do earlier then let me know a preferred tee time. Personally a bit later is good in case any of us are in the hunt for prizes as its announced and presented at the end even though you have your meal when you get back in.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Cheers Mark will do, had a look and most are 90 mins from me, if there was a wee forum meet at one would be up for going to one or two.

There will always be a minimum of 4 of us, sometimes more at Brampton Heath, I think you'd like the course Ben, some of you guys a little further up could car share, £25 for the comp which includes tea/coffee on arrival then a 2-course meal afterwards, £5 for the optional cash sweep, some nice prize pickings and never any silly scores win that I've seen, its a no brainer for me.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes I will be, I will contact Kieran to see when it open to enter and put Fundy, Crow, You & myself in, I know Steve likes late mornings so I'll try for around 11am if that's OK with everyone although that's right at the back of the field as he now splits the starts between the 1st & 10th which has worked better than previous years. If you can all do earlier then let me know a preferred tee time. Personally a bit later is good in case any of us are in the hunt for prizes as its announced and presented at the end even though you have your meal when you get back in.

11am sounds great to me, means dont have to fight the rush hour traffic getting there and also any frost or dew if about are more likely to have lifted. Have it in the diary :)

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played a few last year and picked up £130 in pro shop vouchers for winning one, didn't expect to play too well so didn't enter the sweep so £80 went to someone else.

Always a good turn out and as posted earlier the food is OK too

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Cheers Fish, that sounds good, I've penciled it in my diary and will book a day's holiday when confirmed. :thup:

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have one at our club, last Sunday of the month, 1 tiger and 1 rabbit paired randomly, matchplay against another pair. Played October to March.

Our medal is played all year round, weather permitting and we have a Saturday stableford plus a Sunday stableford which replace the summer comps. Also have a turkey trot in December which is a good laugh as some of the prizes are pure comedy!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We have one at our club, last Sunday of the month, 1 tiger and 1 rabbit paired randomly, matchplay against another pair. Played October to March.

Our medal is played all year round, weather permitting and we have a Saturday stableford plus a Sunday stableford which replace the summer comps. Also have a turkey trot in December which is a good laugh as some of the prizes are pure comedy!

These are in-house I assume, not open to visitors? The Winter Series programmes are where clubs put on an open event once a month throughout the winter months, normally 5 or 6 in total starting in October, there proving to be popular across the Midlands at various sized clubs both corporate and private, individual prizes on the day but some do rollover order of merit prizes so the more you enter you may pick up an accumulative prize also :thup:

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
winter golf is for the devil and people of habit. Freezing my gentlemans bits off whilst trudging through mud or ice to a short course with bits of fairway scraped to resemble a green is my idea of golf Hell.

A few weeks at my retreat in Florida though I find very beneficial in December and January

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
winter golf is for the devil and people of habit. Freezing my gentlemans bits off whilst trudging through mud or ice to a short course with bits of fairway scraped to resemble a green is my idea of golf Hell.

Not the courses we play, some of which are heathland so no such conditions as you describe and as their qualifiers they are always a full course off the back sticks and the greens are very good, especially at Brampton Heath.

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
Not the courses we play, some of which are heathland so no such conditions as you describe and as their qualifiers they are always a full course off the back sticks and the greens are very good, especially at Brampton Heath.

Fair enough and I should have made the caveat that I do frequent the occasional links course if the weather is mild, but usually its a wind that slices through your skin and ensures your drives are a mockinglay 160 yards

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

11am sounds perfect, I'm in. Will book the day off tomorrow.

Do you need me to PM my CDH number?