East Lothian - Members

Albo

Visit site
Quick update, so I took the plunge and joined! I’ve kept my membership at Baberton on as it’s so close to home. Played a very quick 18 today alone, and really enjoyed the course, from everything I’ve read and heard the course takes a lot of flack for the green complexes, I can see why, yes for me the course needs some form of defence, it’s generally fairly wide open so wayward tee shots not unduly punished (save for some OB here and there and the bunkers!), the green complexes remind me somewhat of Castle Stuart, built up and with big bunkers/run offs to defend itself.
It will be an interesting year playing here I feel, I’ll take an appraisal at the end of the year and weigh up options next year.
Also need to see how much the bypass drags me down

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quick update, so I took the plunge and joined! I’ve kept my membership at Baberton on as it’s so close to home. Played a very quick 18 today alone, and really enjoyed the course, from everything I’ve read and heard the course takes a lot of flack for the green complexes, I can see why, yes for me the course needs some form of defence, it’s generally fairly wide open so wayward tee shots not unduly punished (save for some OB here and there and the bunkers!), the green complexes remind me somewhat of Castle Stuart, built up and with big bunkers/run offs to defend itself.
It will be an interesting year playing here I feel, I’ll take an appraisal at the end of the year and weigh up options next year.
Give me a shout over the summer and we can do a home and away.
Get another couple of locals or pals to join us.

@ndy85

Visit site
Is that Craigielaw you joined? I was told several years waiting list still. Longniddry looks like my best option at the minute.

Albo

Visit site
Is that Craigielaw you joined? I was told several years waiting list still. Longniddry looks like my best option at the minute.
Yes it is Craigielaw, I had been on the wait list since 2022 so about 2 years for me, but it may have stretched out now.
Edit to say - sorry should have been 2021 when I joined the list