Winter Months - how many clubs do you carry?

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
1st November comes along! Its officially season over and winter golf is now upon us!

Don't about you but I put my electric trolley away and the carry bag comes out!

My regular bad consists of driver, 3 wood, hybrid, 4-PW, 52, 54,60 and putter. I'm going to try and condense this down to only 9 clubs.

Driver, 3 hybrid, 5,6,7,8,PW,54, Putter
or
Driver,3 wood, 4,6,8,9,PW,54, Putter

Just want to gather people thoughts and see what they will be doing?
Also any reconmendations for a good winter ball for a 9 handicapper?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
same as summer. Play on a links so no trolley bans etc.

i tend to play any old ball over winter once the weather turns bad, but mostly a premium ball of some sort when its nice.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've looked on the American Golf website, and I can't see a carry! What colour do carries come in?

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No change at all. Still carry full set as I do during the summer. Ball might change if the ground is really soft as I don't want to be losing premium balls in the winter with plugged balls/leaves etc.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sometimes play the full set & trolley and sometimes a half set with the pencil bag - depends how I'm feeling and how busy the course might be. You can motor round with a light pencil bag if no-one is in front of you.

GeeJay

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just carry on using my regular kit during the winter. I have a Motocaddy push trolley that gets used all year round unless there's a trolley ban in place. My bag is a Motocaddy hybrid, so it fits the trolley or can be carried comfortably if required. As for balls, I'm happy to hit anything that isn't like hitting a stone, but have a preference Wilson Staff DX2 and buy a couple of boxes when they're on offer at a local discount store. In the winter, I tend to use the yellow ones, though I don't have any of those at the moment so am still using the normal white ones.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don't understand why people drop clubs from the bag.
Maybe if you're carrying 1/2 set in a pencil bag,but dropping 2 to 3 clubs just makes no sense to me.