How many clubs do you carry but never use?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I very rarely used my fairway woods. Alternate between having the 3w or 5w in the bag. Got a tip on here from @bobmac to stop me topping them that has helped, so starting to get used occasionally now.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I very rarely used my fairway woods. Alternate between having the 3w or 5w in the bag. Got a tip on here from @bobmac to stop me topping them that has helped, so starting to get used occasionally now.
What was the tip? It's been a long time since I tried the 3 wood, but I used to top it more often than not.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
What was the tip? It's been a long time since I tried the 3 wood, but I used to top it more often than not.
It was moving the ball forward 2-3 inches in my stance and to concentrate on keeping my head behind the ball. Has been working for me as I don't seem to top them anymore.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The club I rarely use is the left handed 7 iron.
But if stuck up against a tree, I'm thankful it's in the bag.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used to shy away from my 5i and generally jump from 6I to 23* hybrid out of habit. I recently stuck my pretty much unused 4i in and loved it so much have now added the 3i to match.

I fell in definitely at a point where a gapping session is due as the mid section is to cluttered.

Aside from that I’m noticing that I use my 3w less at the new course (once per round) which is a choked down shot again indicating I need something shiny to fill a gap - shopping time