Winter Months - how many clubs do you carry?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always use a trolley throughout the summer, but from November onwards I always carry. In an odd way I almost enjoy the change over to the carry bag. More room in the boot of the car, less faffing about with batteries etc.
I changed the bag over the other night and took out 4,6 and 8 and U wedge. I will see how I get on and change the configuration if I need to.
I find it's the peripheral stuff that adds weight to the bag like an umbrella, waterproofs and too many balls, so if it's a nice day I will dump as much of this as possible.
All of this of course is assuming I play at all. I am always full of good intentions at this time of year but forget how bad the weather can get. Playing in lashing rain, high winds with mud up to my ankles is not for me and temps just make the whole thing pointless, so I will probably just come back in March and wonder why my game is back to square one.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah I've just took out my 3 wood, 4,6,8,54 - but I plan on alternating them from one week to the next - I hope this will help me with my course management - as I have to try and leave the right distances.

I differ to yourself on the other hand in terms of when I play - every weekend I will be there and if there's sniff of getting away from work for the day i'll be gone! Unless its lashing down of course!

Nike Vapour Fly 9.5d Stiff
Callaway x Hot 3 wood Stiff
Nike Vapour 3 hybrid stiff
Nike Vapour Pro-Combo 4-PW
Nike VR 52d and 60d
Titleist 54d
Nike Method putter

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I get what you - personally I'm going from 14 clubs down to 9. Using a Pencil bag. Then I'm going to alternate the clubs from week to week.
I feel this will help my game for next year - as it will make me think more about the shots I play and my course management. Plus makes the bag a lot lighter!