Willet splits with Caddie

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I think it's his attitude more than ability that's holding him back now.

Im not saying he was destined to be a world beater. But he has probably dont better than he ever imagined and appears to have lost all drive.
Yesterday when he hit water at the 17th he was laughing his head off about it. Just seems to me that he knows he is sorted for life and doesn't care too much anymore.

This makes a lot of sense,he has made his money and would rather be at home spending it than playing golf,his drive for the game has gone.Theres an argument here for over paid sportsman and if they still had to earn a living i'm sure they would try harder.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
This makes a lot of sense,he has made his money and would rather be at home spending it than playing golf,his drive for the game has gone.Theres an argument here for over paid sportsman and if they still had to earn a living i'm sure they would try harder.

I think that's harsh on lots of sportsmen. I agree they are paid vast amounts. But his decline is down to his persona imo.

Look ok at most of the top golfers in the world. They are all worth immeasurably more than him and have the drive in them to continue.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Look ok at most of the top golfers in the world. They are all worth immeasurably more than him and have the drive in them to continue.
Well thats the key why has Willets success been so detrimental for him,he tweeted after pulling out of the Players that he needs to get his body & mind right,he has missed the cut 3 times in the last 4 tournaments and his game was completely awfull at the players.

Last edited: