Wide Golf Shoes

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have quite wide feet and suffer from bunions, so choice of golf shoe is limited.
I'm not too fussed about having the latest & greatest shoe (read "expensive" LOL)
Any recommendations?

Obviously, when it comes to buying shoes, you really should go to a physical store so that you can try them on.
Just wanted to get some ideas so that I can check if a store stocks the shoe that I'm after.

The only pair of golf shoes that I've owned are Hi-Techs, which shows that I am not a brand snob!
I'm not sure that they'll survive the upcoming season.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I have fairly wide feet and have worn addidas addicros and also footboy dry joy's with no problem. American Golf have usually got a pretty wide selection to chose from, may be worth popping in and trying a few pairs on

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've also got wide feet and have found you can't just go by brand but by specific model. Id agree with the Footjoy Dryjoys, I've always found Adidas too narrow till I came across the Powerband Boa which are light and comfortable. You could also look at Skechers.
But I agree, try before you buy. It really is the only way to be sure.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Footjoy my joys.
Not cheap but made to your foot size. £120 last year for contours.
My right foot is 9 wide
my left foot is a 10 extra wide.
Most people have odd feet they don’t know about so one shoe fits nice but the other one dosnt.
Pro shop measured my feet on a Branock device and I got to do my own design .
Best fitting shoes I have ever had.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've also got wide feet and have found you can't just go by brand but by specific model. Id agree with the Footjoy Dryjoys, I've always found Adidas too narrow till I came across the Powerband Boa which are light and comfortable. You could also look at Skechers.
But I agree, try before you buy. It really is the only way to be sure.

Wide foot issue for me too. Currently looking for a new pair of spikeless golf shoes for the summer. Tried Adidas Boost (my preferred maker), too narrow in the ones I tried, even half size up - and am currently wearing Tour 360 for the winter. I also tried Skechers after hearing a lot of good reviews, but couldn't get them to fit. My size were way too tight, and a half size up was more than 3cm too long. I'm going back to Footjoy Pro SL, they can be ordered in wide, the last pair I had were a great fit, and lasted two seasons. The only downside with the FJ's is their price... but if it means the shoe is comfortable, am gonna have to suck it up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Adidas are one of the worst for wide feet.. I have wide feet and even the wide ones were tighter than most

footjoy contours are prob best

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have normal Skechers shoes because they are wide fitting. I would assume their golf shoes are the same. I've just bought some FJ AWD spikeless shoes which are wide and comfortable but I think they may have been end of the line shoes and no longer available. If you can find some check them out.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have wide feet and Ecco are perfect fit for me without getting wide fit. Bio M straight out the box.

Ive tried FJ in wide fit before and they were fine out the box but due to the poor quality of the leather, after a few wears my feet were swimming in them and these were top of the range icons

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I used to need wide fit I always went for hi tech dri tech wide fit. At their cost I could afford to by 3 pairs.

I had tried FJ wide but found them too wide.

Have you tried Stuburt?