American Golf: Should they offer refund?

ClicketyClick

Visit site
you have walked probably 160 miles in a pair of shoes and you are complaining about being offered a free replacement ?

smh ffs
Not at all. Read the thread: I merely posed the question "Should they offer refund" due to the fact that at the time of posting, they couldn't offer anything - either in-store or online that was suitable both in terms of shoe size & budget - as a replacement. As mentioned, I've since settled on the Skechers (y)

RRidges

Visit site
I think you are right in this situation and if you want to get a refund, then they should provide it to you, since the customer is always right. If your golf shoes have spoiled before the expiration date of the warranty period, then the manufacturer can provide you with a replacement or refund. If you are not satisfied with the replacement of shoes, then you have the right to demand a refund and the store has no right to refuse you this
Utter drivel!
I'm not an AG fan by any mans, but, imo, they have done more than they are obliged to for a 40 round pair of shoes!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I think you are right in this situation and if you want to get a refund, then they should provide it to you, since the customer is always right. If your golf shoes have spoiled before the expiration date of the warranty period, then the manufacturer can provide you with a replacement or refund. If you are not satisfied with the replacement of shoes, then you have the right to demand a refund and the store has no right to refuse you this
This is nonsense. You created an account just for this?

sjw

Visit site
Lol @ the customer is always right. In that case, I'll order a bunch of stuff and then demand that they pay for it

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After 40 rounds and 8ish months, you're getting a good deal. A few years back I did a brief 18 months in golf retail, the number of chancers, and folks with ridiculous expectations would fear you. One woman took her son's (well worn) adidas shoes back as the lining had started to go at the heel. Yes, they're shoes, you're doing 5 miles + every time you're out, of course they will wear.

You couldn’t get more waffle if you went to a Waffle House.

Adidas acknowledged the rear heel as a fault and changed the design from cloth to leather on the inner heal area (which subsequently is still toss). Once torn it would expose the hard plastic underneath which literally rips the wearers heal ever time they are worn. My tour 360 boost were 150.00 from AG and split within 4 months and I’m a once a week hacker. I took them back and the staff member said “ no problem sir, we are aware of the fault and this wouldn’t be the first pair we have had back. Would you like the newer design or a credit note against another brand “

To refuse a return on a product that is know to be faulty in my eyes is bad form, especially within it warranty period as adidas would have replaced them at no cost to the retailer.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
You couldn’t get more waffle if you went to a Waffle House.

Adidas acknowledged the rear heel as a fault and changed the design from cloth to leather on the inner heal area (which subsequently is still toss). Once torn it would expose the hard plastic underneath which literally rips the wearers heal ever time they are worn. My tour 360 boost were 150.00 from AG and split within 4 months and I’m a once a week hacker. I took them back and the staff member said “ no problem sir, we are aware of the fault and this wouldn’t be the first pair we have had back. Would you like the newer design or a credit note against another brand “

To refuse a return on a product that is know to be faulty in my eyes is bad form, especially within it warranty period as adidas would have replaced them at no cost to the retailer.
Except adidas acknoweldged no such thing at the time. But thanks for the comment. And yes we returned and replaced hassle free, but she was a total chancer. I'd be returning every pair of shoes I've ever bought by her standards