Ecco Golf Shoes not what they were….

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a drop in the quality of Ecco golf shoes?
A GoreTex pair I bought January of this year appear to be leaking.
A pair bought before that haven’t lasted as long as previous issues.
Both shoes G3 and G4 seem as though the upper has come away from the sole.
My experience indicates that the quality has diminished, have others had similar issues?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a drop in the quality of Ecco golf shoes?
A GoreTex pair I bought January of this year appear to be leaking.
A pair bought before that haven’t lasted as long as previous issues.
Both shoes G3 and G4 seem as though the upper has come away from the sole.
My experience indicates that the quality has diminished, have others had similar issues?
I'm hoping for the opposite experience.
I had a pair of Goretex Eccos about 5 years ago. They were very uncomfortable and one of them leaked badly after wearing a few times.
After advice from pals I went for a pair of biom 4 recently. Super comfortable and hopefully water tight this time.?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody hope not as I only bought my first two pairs this year! Everyone told me they were the best!

I think the quality of all golf shoes has dropped dramatically in the last 10 years.
Agree with this if anything. That's why I ultimately went for Ecco.

Jason.H

Visit site
Ecco shoes are not a good fit for me. I’ve used Adidas EQT which have been amazingly comfortable and still totally waterproof after a year. My Squarz which are far more expensive have lost their waterproof properties after 6 months and fairplay they sent a new pair under warranty

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't comment on recent Ecco shoes as my newest pair are over five years old and are not showing any signs of leaking. I have three pairs, one spikeless and two with soft spikes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I have a pair of white Ecco yak leather goretex. Had them 4/5 years. Not gonna lie, they look grubby but feel like carpet slippers. Bought a black pair of Goretex a couple of years ago and started wearing them for winter golf. Prefer them to me Footjoy boots which I love. They are very comfy. Love the boa system on them both.

Mandofred

Visit site
Only had one pair of Ecco....made it almost a year before sole separated. Several FJ expensive shoes broke down just about 1 year exactly. The only expensive shoe I bought that lasted was Adidas 360 (a few years ago).....bulletproof, but not that comfortable to me. So far Skechers (3 pair in the last couple years) have been the best I've had in years.....and well under £100. I like the looks of the Adidas line though, so I might give them a try again come Summer.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a pair of Ecco’s that lasted about 10 months.
Hotgolf refunded me and said keep the shoes ( top service)
They didn’t have a replacement in my size!
I used sealskinz socks to carry on playing in them but they more or less fell to bits over the next 6 months.
They came away badly from the sole and leather cracked.

Agree most shoes are not worth the money these days.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Anyone looking for a very good shoe have a closer look at Payntr golf shoes. Very well made and comfortable. I can't skimp on shoes (currently waiting for my 7th operation on my feet) and have found these very good. As someone else has said all golf shoes are not as well made, I have worn Skechers for years but feel even they're not as well made/using cheaper materials than previously.

Footjoy are dreadful shoes for me, no shape or comfort.