Why do golfers buy white shoes?

Springveldt

Visit site
Got a pair of black leather Adidas shoes when I took the game up again. Only wore them once and it looked like I was wearing a pair of football boots. Mostly white since then.

Current section is 2 whites (Adidas Tour 360 and Nike Vapor), one navy blue (Decathlon) for the mud in winter and a pair of Adidas Adicross ones that are black, grey and green. Those are summer only as they are mesh and not waterproof. Sometimes wear them with my black shorts with black sport ankle socks. :eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there is something 70's New York Huggy Bear about wearing white shoes. You can't get away with that in normal life but on a golf course.......?.

Bizarrely, they work in a way that defies logic but they just do. No issue keeping them clean, just don't leave them dirty for weeks on end.

I have one pair white and have just bought a pair of bright blue FJ, trainer style shoes. Haven't used them yet, it will feel odd for a while once I do.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
That's a great question.

In the steel spike era, I would always have a pair of black and white wing tip saddles and a pair of brown and white wing tip saddles.
That's what my uncle did when I was a kid, so I did it too when I grew up.

Once the steel spikes were proscribed, I could never get accustomed to the soft spikes.
I switched to spikeless and chose more casual styles that I could wear from home without having to change shoes at the club.

If the steel spikes were ever allowed again, however, I'd go back to them in a heartbeat.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Baby wipes when I get in to take mud off the white shoes, shoe horns with those silicone gel pouches you get with white goods to take the moisture out (and newspaper if they are particularly wet) and then another wipe with baby wipe and into the box a few days after using them. All pretty pristine even after 4-8 years use. Every so often they get a coat of clear dubbin too

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Only one thing worse than black golf shoes with shorts.......and thats brown golf shoes with shorts.

Actually.....brown golf shoes should never be produced. They don't go with anything :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Boomy

Visit site
Only one thing worse than black golf shoes with shorts.......and thats brown golf shoes with shorts.

Actually.....brown golf shoes should never be produced. They don't go with anything :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Erm ? Have you been drinking? Brown worse than Black? You must be bonkers ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd suggest I wear shorts more than most.... Don't wear black shoes, it's actually a local rule where I play. Just don't

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The places I hit my ball today you definitely wouldn't have wanted to be in shorts to go and find it and then play it. Also my legs look like pale pipe cleaners so don't come out on the golf course. Makes shoe selection easier