Why do golfers buy white shoes?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Same as some others have said, white for the drier days, goes with any colour trousers and shorts, black waterproof ones in the mud and rubbish weather.

I had some new white ones for Christmas, desperate to wear them, but just like I was as a kid, I don’t want to get them dirty yet! Once you get that first bit of muck on them it’s fine, but until then they’re for dry days only!

D

Deleted member 15344

Because I can only wear white shoes with my white trousers -playa ?️

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Baby wipes after a round of golf.

and if exceptionally dirty, use Boot Buddy. Keeps white shoes looking great.

also, don’t play at swamps in the winter, which rules out a lot of courses, but it helps

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shorts with black shoes, white trousers with black shoes are things you are never likely to see me in (not the trousers, they are my go to in summer) .

White shoes covered in mud - a frequent occurrence.

I do have other colours such as black, brown and red but simply find my current white shoes the most comfortable (Stylo and just worn out the Crivit ones <3r pair in to the bin>which probably the most comfortable I have worn in years).

YandaB

Visit site
There was a chap at our place who said he just couldn't play very well unless he was looking down at white shoes, I always thought that he would play much better if he looked at the ball and not his shoes :)

Boomy

Visit site
I ALWAYS buy black, because of the reason you state.
In terms of wearing with shorts, not an issue black is a neutral colour and goes with anything!!!! Blue shorts certainly look better with black than white ?

Black shoes look hideous with anything other than black or dark grey (even with jeans, on a lot of occasions) Blue shorts and black shoes god no ?!!! Orikuru nails it with his reply. Blue shorts look classy with white, grey or brown shoes ??

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I'm a novice then with just three pairs of white and just one pair of black Dryjoys. and Two of my white pairs are aging a but too

I'll be shopping for another pair now!! I've now got a large locker at my club, think I can sneak my collection up a bit

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Black shoes need Kilties...then no risk of them being mistaken for work shoes. For many years as a kid my golf shoes were the inexpensive back rubber shoes...plus Kilties...did the job just fine.