Whats the point...

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
..................Of white golf shoes in our climate.....Last weekend i had my Nikes on and i might as well have been wearing Pink shoes for all that could be seen of them through the Mud on them.....They were in a right state....

I need new ones soon and being realistic im wondering is there much of a point in having white shoes at all in Ireland or the UK considering it rains for nearly 12 months of the year......
Looking at a pair of Adidas Tour 360 today in white and orange for 99 euro...Nice...But then i thought whats the point...
Just below them a pair of FJ Classic Tours in Black... 125 euro...

I think black are the new White....Much more formal and dressy and less like a trainer....Or am i just getting old?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wear white in "summer" and black in winter. Can't imagine black shoes with shorts! Well I can but it's not a good image....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
..................Of white golf shoes in our climate.....Last weekend i had my Nikes on and i might as well have been wearing Pink shoes for all that could be seen of them through the Mud on them.....They were in a right state....

I need new ones soon and being realistic im wondering is there much of a point in having white shoes at all in Ireland or the UK considering it rains for nearly 12 months of the year......
Looking at a pair of Adidas Tour 360 today in white and orange for 99 euro...Nice...But then i thought whats the point...
Just below them a pair of FJ Classic Tours in Black... 125 euro...

I think black are the new White....Much more formal and dressy and less like a trainer....Or am i just getting old?

Links golf, old boy. no mud there;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm never buying shoes with white anywhere on the outside ever again.
Waste of time trying to keep them clean.
Black is back!!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm never buying shoes with white anywhere on the outside ever again.
Waste of time trying to keep them clean.
Black is back!!

I have to agree Murg....Got my first round in 3 weeks last weekend and it wasnt even at our course...Its been closed the past 3 weeks....Anywhere off the fairway was like a swamp....Mud up to the knees on the pants....You know the score.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gotta say thinking the same thing about my shoes. Played Sunday last week and saw my white shoes after and thought I need black ones.

Will keep the white for the days when I wear shorts but rest of the time "black is back", just need go buy some now I've been paid.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have to agree Murg....Got my first round in 3 weeks last weekend and it wasnt even at our course...Its been closed the past 3 weeks....Anywhere off the fairway was like a swamp....Mud up to the knees on the pants....You know the score.

by the sound of it, its wellies you need not golf shoes?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
by the sound of it, its wellies you need not golf shoes?

Wellies, maybe a defender 110,....The way things are going here all i have is the range......
The only positive thing is the muppets involved in our course are actually protecting it this year instead of letting every society known to man on it in all weathers......
The downside is the communication....Or lack of it to members to tell them the course is closed.:rant:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our course suffers on certain holes, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about black shoes

I just think that Black shoes are more practical for our weather....White is nice but once the mud gets in then Bye Bye nice shineys....At least with the black they still look good.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wear white shoes all year round.

Winter they do get a little grubby but always come up spotless
clap.gif