WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
This is also for Swango and appreciate both comments. I was only advised last week. He does not register prior to going out, picks up a card, states “ I am going to submit a Supplementary score” and then changes his mind!

I will have a word initially and explain the possible/ probable penalty as advised by WJEM if it happens again.
Yeah as Skier says, he might as well rip his card up on the first tee, if you H'cap sec is doing his job, he won't accept the card. If he doesn't have a smart phone to pre-register automatically, then he has to follow what the club's process is for submitting general play cards, it 100% won't be just hand in a card without any sort of pre-round notification

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's also breaking the rules around Gen Play cards as he MUST pre register before play.
2.1a(iii) Registering Intent to Submit a Score in General Play.
A player is required to pre-register their intent to submit an acceptable score in general play for handicap purposes.
Such pre-registration must be made:
Before the player starts the round, and
According to the requirements or conditions established by the Handicap Committee and/or the Authorized Association.

Last edited:

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A question for Club V1 / HDID users.

We are having problems when entering GP rounds via the PSI terminals in our clubhouse. The problem occurs when entering a score incorrectly and then trying to edit it. If the player does this the score is corrupted and will not be sent to the WHS system and just sits there in error. If you try to edit it from admin you see 27 or 36 holes rather than 18 and can't delete any of them to make it acceptable to WHS. The only option is to delete the round and re-enter from admin which is a pain.

This doesn't occur for competitions, only GP. I have reported this several times to Club Systems but their second line support say they can't find a fault even thought I have left errant entries on the system.

Has anyone else seen this?

wjemather

Visit site
A question for Club V1 / HDID users.

We are having problems when entering GP rounds via the PSI terminals in our clubhouse. The problem occurs when entering a score incorrectly and then trying to edit it. If the player does this the score is corrupted and will not be sent to the WHS system and just sits there in error. If you try to edit it from admin you see 27 or 36 holes rather than 18 and can't delete any of them to make it acceptable to WHS. The only option is to delete the round and re-enter from admin which is a pain.

This doesn't occur for competitions, only GP. I have reported this several times to Club Systems but their second line support say they can't find a fault even thought I have left errant entries on the system.

Has anyone else seen this?
Ah, thanks for this! I wondered what was actually happening, but hadn't had chance to investigate. I have reported score corruption such as this half a dozen times (at least) over the past year and have been fobbed off with it probably being caused by "connection issues" at our end. Good to know our new fibre broadband isn't going to fix it after all!!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ah, thanks for this! I wondered what was actually happening, but hadn't had chance to investigate. I have reported score corruption such as this half a dozen times (at least) over the past year and have been fobbed off with it probably being caused by "connection issues" at our end. Good to know our new fibre broadband isn't going to fix it after all!!
What's surprising to me is that this is a hard error - ie it happens every time and they have evidence so I don't know why they keep denying it's happening.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
This season we have turned off ClubV1/HdiDo for GP rounds and require members to solely use MyEG app. More mature, less glitchy and only one set of instructions to members.

ClubV1 always playing catch up with MyEG it seemed last year *shrugs*

Edit: Plus, all the reporting and monitoring tools are in one place so easier to manage.

NearHull

Visit site
This season we have turned off ClubV1/HdiDo for GP rounds and require members to solely use MyEG app. More mature, less glitchy and only one set of instructions to members.

ClubV1 always playing catch up with MyEG it seemed last year *shrugs*

Edit: Plus, all the reporting and monitoring tools are in one place so easier to manage.
We have done the same.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our PSIs were faulty and we haven't bothered to get them fixed. Since Covid all our players have been using the HDID app and are very happy with it (no complaints so far). The only snag had been '0 or blank' which has now been sorted.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Is this not is rather exclusionary?
Most of our members prefer to use a physical scorecard and enter scores via the touchscreen rather than either of the mobile scoring apps.

I don't think so, although I see where you are coming from. Using apps is part and parcel of being a club member these days, we still use paper scorecards for comps with PSI entry as well as mobile app score entry.

My EG App is straightforward enough and we believe that if someone is of a mind to do general play rounds then they will learn to adapt to the process needed to do so.

Its good to get members engaged in WHS and how their HI is determined as well, new members are advised to download the apps we use (BRS, HDiDo & My EG) and encouraged to put in casual rounds to get to a mature Handicap Index. All the tools to monitor general play rounds are on the WHS platform - I think having to collect and check physical scorecards for GPs is just another task for H&C committees that isn't required any more.

wjemather

Visit site
I don't think so, although I see where you are coming from. Using apps is part and parcel of being a club member these days, we still use paper scorecards for comps with PSI entry as well as mobile app score entry.

My EG App is straightforward enough and we believe that if someone is of a mind to do general play rounds then they will learn to adapt to the process needed to do so.

Its good to get members engaged in WHS and how their HI is determined as well, new members are advised to download the apps we use (BRS, HDiDo & My EG) and encouraged to put in casual rounds to get to a mature Handicap Index. All the tools to monitor general play rounds are on the WHS platform - I think having to collect and check physical scorecards for GPs is just another task for H&C committees that isn't required any more.
No good for those without the necessary technology. Allowing PSI entry and physical scorecard simply makes GP score submission more accessible and available to everyone; it does not mean every card must be checked.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
No good for those without the necessary technology. Allowing PSI entry and physical scorecard simply makes GP score submission more accessible and available to everyone; it does not mean every card must be checked.

I can't think of any member that does not have a mobile phone, even amongst our seniors. I am sure there must be somewhere or have one but don't like it, if there was a training issue we would assist of course.

wjemather

Visit site
I can't think of any member that does not have a mobile phone, even amongst our seniors. I am sure there must be somewhere or have one but don't like it, if there was a training issue we would assist of course.
Not all mobile phones are smartphones, and not all smartphones are able to run the apps.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Not all mobile phones are smartphones, and not all smartphones are able to run the apps.

Obviously.

Its easy to come up with unlikely scenarios, I can do the same for pretty much everything including accessing PSI screens for score input *shrugs* But that would just perpetuate this unnecessary conversation.

Rocco

Visit site

Getting used to Psi input was difficult enough for some in the first place then the idea of submitting general play cards on a regular basis was also met with resistance, then to discover that the format was now strokeplay (with variations) seems to see a reduction in interest.

I am a Senior golfer and competent in the use of App’s but I am afraid that a good number of Seniors will never reach that stage and will probably pack up golf with wonky knees and hips before they ever master a mobile phone for inputting... Issues with Psi faults aside I feel that moves to App use only is yet another change whereby some Seniors will just say “that’s enough for me” as regards submitting cards.

Percentage wise I suspect most Clubs are the same as regards Members being competent with smart phone apps and whilst admiring the ones who are able to do so my concern is the ones who are simply left behind because of changes which they are unable to deal with.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting used to Psi input was difficult enough for some in the first place then the idea of submitting general play cards on a regular basis was also met with resistance, then to discover that the format was now strokeplay (with variations) seems to see a reduction in interest.

I am a Senior golfer and competent in the use of App’s but I am afraid that a good number of Seniors will never reach that stage and will probably pack up golf with wonky knees and hips before they ever master a mobile phone for inputting... Issues with Psi faults aside I feel that moves to App use only is yet another change whereby some Seniors will just say “that’s enough for me” as regards submitting cards.

Percentage wise I suspect most Clubs are the same as regards Members being competent with smart phone apps and whilst admiring the ones who are able to do so my concern is the ones who are simply left behind because of changes which they are unable to deal with.

One of the areas that EG were poor to respond to, and still are in my opinion. There are still many club members who aren’t computer literate and members without the necessary smart phones.

Our Wi-Fi is so poor at times that even when scores appear to have been entered they signal drops out and has resulted in penalties being dished out.

EG has certainly made life more difficult for clubs with volunteer HC members.