WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Info from V1

Dear ClubV1 user,

The GB&I Golfing governing bodies will be introducing new regulations for the returning of General Play Scores for the purpose of “Safeguarding Handicap Integrity”.

These regulations stipulate a maximum distance that the player can be from the club when a round is pre-registered and a score is returned using a mobile device. They are also stipulating a minimum duration between pre-registration and score submission.

These distance/time limits are as follows for the different home unions;

England 2 Miles/3.2km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Ireland 1.86 Miles 3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Scotland 1 Mile/1.6Km – minimum 45 minutes for 9 holes, 1 hour 30 minutes for 18
Wales 1.86 Miles/3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18

Other National Federations/Unions have not informed us of any updates in their regulations.

In order for us to pinpoint your club's location, and manage the above from within our software automatically, please check/set your Longitude and Latitude in ClubV1 https://www.clubv1.com/Club/Details. This Longitude and Latitude setting should be set for a location where your club wishes for us to start this measurement, not necessarily from the clubhouse or first tee. To find your Longitude and Latitude, right-click on the desired position on Google maps. If a member does not have location (GPS) services enabled on his/her mobile device, or you have not got this setting correctly set in ClubV1, a score cannot be pre-registered or submitted.
This has now gone live (no notice after initial note above). It appears to work intermittently with some users OK and others getting the "not within 2 miles" message when sitting side by side. Any thoughts on necessary phone settings that may cause this?

wjemather

Visit site
This has now gone live (no notice after initial note above). It appears to work intermittently with some users OK and others getting the "not within 2 miles" message when sitting side by side. Any thoughts on necessary phone settings that may cause this?
I would guess that some people will not have allowed the app access to location, or have location switched off altogether.

Swango1980

Visit site
I checked this earlier in the week - embarrassingly our Admin had entered them the wrong way round so goodness knows where HDID thought our course was!

Now correct.
Assuming your course is in Dorset, HDID would have thought your course was in the Indian Ocean, between Somalia and the Seychelles. Probably just outside the require range of 2 miles.

IanMcC

Visit site
More issues with ClubV1 for me. There must have been some sort of upgrade recently which has affected my access. (I cannot see the Release notes of the updates as I am not a full admin user.) I used to be able to access and build Courses, but now I cannot. I will need this soon to build our new 9 hole front and back courses once the new Slope and Course Ratings come back from Wales Golf. (We are reconfiguring our course.) Does anyone know what our admin secretary has to change to give a poor M&H Secretary access to Courses again?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
More issues with ClubV1 for me. There must have been some sort of upgrade recently which has affected my access. (I cannot see the Release notes of the updates as I am not a full admin user.) I used to be able to access and build Courses, but now I cannot. I will need this soon to build our new 9 hole front and back courses once the new Slope and Course Ratings come back from Wales Golf. (We are reconfiguring our course.) Does anyone know what our admin secretary has to change to give a poor M&H Secretary access to Courses again?

Club>settings>User and permissions

should be something in there.

Swango1980

Visit site
Howdidido looks a lot different now after recent changes. Some of the changes look positive.

However, I've noticed that, when there is an upcoming competition, I can go on the draw in the Booking section, and see my tee time. However, I cannot see anyone else in the field. It seems that I can see who has booked into a competition, for comps that are further into the future. But, I think once the draw has been finalised, then you can no longer see the draw at all.

Anyone else notice this?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Howdidido looks a lot different now after recent changes. Some of the changes look positive.

However, I've noticed that, when there is an upcoming competition, I can go on the draw in the Booking section, and see my tee time. However, I cannot see anyone else in the field. It seems that I can see who has booked into a competition, for comps that are further into the future. But, I think once the draw has been finalised, then you can no longer see the draw at all.

Anyone else notice this?

Yep and notified HDID, was supposed to have been sorted but as you point out, it hasn’t.

Swango1980

Visit site
I must say, this new howdidido is truly shocking.

We've a pairs event available for booking, shotgun start. Once you try and book, it doesnt let you enter a partner. If you hit Withdraw, it just goes into error screen. Everyone in our whatsapp group getting same error.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must say, this new howdidido is truly shocking.

We've a pairs event available for booking, shotgun start. Once you try and book, it doesnt let you enter a partner. If you hit Withdraw, it just goes into error screen. Everyone in our whatsapp group getting same error.

Would help if whoever runs your V1 system puts in a complaint as the more who do it might force the issue.

IanMcC

Visit site
We have a new member who's last club was in Scotland. We are in Wales. He wishes to transfer his SGU history to his Wales Golf CDH. I have heard this is difficult, and I cant see a way of doing it on the Wales Golf Clubhouse site.
Is there a method, or do I have to get Cardiff involved?

wjemather

Visit site
We have a new member who's last club was in Scotland. We are in Wales. He wishes to transfer his SGU history to his Wales Golf CDH. I have heard this is difficult, and I cant see a way of doing it on the Wales Golf Clubhouse site.
Is there a method, or do I have to get Cardiff involved?
I don't know how far CONGU have got to with getting the various home unions systems talking to each other to facilitate this kind of thing. If all else fails, your new member should be able to get their full handicap record from Scottish Golf for manual input on the Welsh system!

IanMcC

Visit site
I don't know how far CONGU have got to with getting the various home unions systems talking to each other to facilitate this kind of thing. If all else fails, your new member should be able to get their full handicap record from Scottish Golf for manual input on the Welsh system!
Thanks for this. I was hoping it was a last resort. I have dropped a line to Wales Golf. If nothing back in a couple of days, I will ask the member for his last 20 rounds and I will manually upload them.