WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Useful info:

Unsatisfied score intents update for WHS

As part of the ongoing development work within the WHS portal, some new functionality has recently been added around ‘Unsatisfied Score Intents’.

This is where a participant has declared an intention to submit a score for handicap purposes and then not actually returned it.

Within the reports section of the WHS portal, each club and county have the opportunity to view information which clarifies missing score submissions.

By using the time and date stamps connected to each record, it is possible for clubs and counties to understand those participants who may have accidentally declared their intent, from an app for example, and differentiate from those who have genuinely not returned a score.

Clubs and counties can delete those intents created in error - via the WHS portal directly within each participant record.

The remaining (actual) intents will be removed from the report once an appropriate score has been recorded via the relevant ISV software. Should the score not be located a relevant penalty score is to be added to the participant’s record by the club handicap committee.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Apology if I've posted on the wrong section but I didn't want to do a whole thread for one question.

The rule (?) That medals are off 95% handicap - is that set in stone or can Clubs choose whether to or not apply it?

Thanks guys!

wjemather

Visit site
Apology if I've posted on the wrong section but I didn't want to do a whole thread for one question.

The rule (?) That medals are off 95% handicap - is that set in stone or can Clubs choose whether to or not apply it?

Thanks guys!
CONGU guidance makes it mandatory.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Thanks guys!
the 95% is only used for competition result purposes.
Resultant Handicap Index adjustments are based on the 100% Course Handicap.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
the 95% is only used for competition result purposes.
Resultant Handicap Index adjustments are based on the 100% Course Handicap.

So, is the adjustment made at the end of the round on the computer or by the competitor before hand?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, is the adjustment made at the end of the round on the computer or by the competitor before hand?

If you are playing stableford it is important not to NR holes because you would not score with 95% but would score with 100% as handicap adjustments are based upon 100%.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both. When you enter the comp, the PSI or phone app software will show both figures and will do the resultant calculations when you return your scores. If your club has installed card or label printers they will be printed for you.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If your club has installed card or label printers they will be printed for you.

It is important that any printed version done on the day of the comp (may not be important for some)

The trouble with tis under the WHS is that cards now cannot be printed until 12.01 am on the day of the comp to ensure accuracy.

The seniors section always used to leave printed cards next to the sign in book for comps. I pointed this out to the 2 people who did this and they did not want to do it at that time of day. (Our senior comps are on a Monday morning and quite a few also play in the club Sunday comp).

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is important that any printed version done on the day of the comp (may not be important for some)

The trouble with tis under the WHS is that cards now cannot be printed until 12.01 am on the day of the comp to ensure accuracy.

The seniors section always used to leave printed cards next to the sign in book for comps. I pointed this out to the 2 people who did this and they did not want to do it at that time of day. (Our senior comps are on a Monday morning and quite a few also play in the club Sunday comp).

Highlighted an issue that some might not have at club level

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am trying to set up a few early competitions on ClubV1. To try and achieve equality of numbers, we have decided to base our divisional limits on Handicap Index, up to 8.9, 9.0 to 14.8, and 14.9 upwards. ClubV1 does not appear to allow decimal places for divisions, it is whole integers only. Am I correct or misunderstanding something?

The latest release notes include the following:
Competitions – Fixed an issue when using Handicap Index as the Division Type with rounding exact handicaps so players are in the correct division.

That’s as clear as mud to me. Are they saying that if you set the Handicap Index Limit to 9, anyone off 9.4 will be in that Division and off 9.5 will be in the higher one?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am trying to set up a few early competitions on ClubV1. To try and achieve equality of numbers, we have decided to base our divisional limits on Handicap Index, up to 8.9, 9.0 to 14.8, and 14.9 upwards. ClubV1 does not appear to allow decimal places for divisions, it is whole integers only. Am I correct or misunderstanding something?

The latest release notes include the following:
Competitions – Fixed an issue when using Handicap Index as the Division Type with rounding exact handicaps so players are in the correct division.

That’s as clear as mud to me. Are they saying that if you set the Handicap Index Limit to 9, anyone off 9.4 will be in that Division and off 9.5 will be in the higher one?
In all honesty I would copy and paste this into V1 chat system and you’d get a quick actual answer. Would be interested in the answer.