WHS Handicap Index - Finally Revealed

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
England Golf already had my email address associated with my CDH, they have beens sending me weekly emails. No need to get it from the ISV.

That's assuming joined up thinking. I think that the WHS portal/platform relies on DOBs and email addresses uploaded by the ISVs - Handicapmaster, ClubV1, IG etc.. I suspect if England Golf has your email address for any other reason there may not be a link between the two but I may be totally wrong.

Swango1980

Visit site
Done a comparison on golfers at my club (Slope 133), and how their WHS Course handicap will compare to their CONGU Handicap, depending on what CONGU Handicap Range they are in. All golfers have played a minimum of 20 rounds in their initial WHS Playing History. Below shows the average change

Congu Handicap Range = WHS Course Handicap
0 - 9 = +0.5
10 - 14 = +0.7
15 - 19 = +1.7
20 - 24 = +2.5
25 - 29 = +2.9
30+ = +3.6

The averages would go up, especially for higher handicappers, if WHS or Handicap Committees do not sort out the golfers whose Index = CONGU Handicap for new golfers.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's assuming joined up thinking. I think that the WHS portal/platform relies on DOBs and email addresses uploaded by the ISVs - Handicapmaster, ClubV1, IG etc.. I suspect if England Golf has your email address for any other reason there may not be a link between the two but I may be totally wrong.

Checked with my club and they havent "released" emails yet .... but point is still valid ...they already had it!!!

YandaB

Visit site
It definitely allowed me to login and see my "benefits" and my handicap. I did also allow them to use it to send me stuff. Never mind, I'm sure everything will be peachy on the 2nd :)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Done a comparison on golfers at my club (Slope 133), and how their WHS Course handicap will compare to their CONGU Handicap, depending on what CONGU Handicap Range they are in. All golfers have played a minimum of 20 rounds in their initial WHS Playing History. Below shows the average change

Congu Handicap Range = WHS Course Handicap
0 - 9 = +0.5
10 - 14 = +0.7
15 - 19 = +1.7
20 - 24 = +2.5
25 - 29 = +2.9
30+ = +3.6

The averages would go up, especially for higher handicappers, if WHS or Handicap Committees do not sort out the golfers whose Index = CONGU Handicap for new golfers.

I admire your stamina - I have just been through the dashboard deleting all those who aren't club members.

IanMcC

Visit site
Checked with my club and they havent "released" emails yet .... but point is still valid ...they already had it!!!
If it takes the golf club to release the emails then we are all shafted in Wales till 9th November, as all clubs closed till then, even the offices.

Swango1980

Visit site
If it takes the golf club to release the emails then we are all shafted in Wales till 9th November, as all clubs closed till then, even the offices.
It is not the clubs, it is the ISV providers, such as ClubV1. However:

1. The club had to ensure the e-mail addresses and DOB were in their ISV for each player. They were reminded of this only at the end of last month
  2. The ISVs (Club Systems anyway) were refusing to send WHS member personal data, although I found out today that they would do so if each club gave them permission. Our owner requested this to be done today, and they said they'd get it done by the end of the week.
So, it may be that you rclub just needs to contact the ISV to get them to send it. However, they will have bigger problems if none of that data is in their ISV in the first place.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just received from Handicapmaster:

"It has come to our attention that a change was made by DotGolf to the England Golf/Wales Golf WHS Platform last night that disrupts HandicapMaster accessing club membership lists from the WHS server.

We were not advised that DotGolf were planning these late changes to the WHS system and were therefore unable to pre-plan for this with our software release last week.

We are sorry that their WHS system change has rendered the facility to upload Date of Birth and Email addresses to the WHS Platform in HandicapMaster mostly inoperable.

We have reported the issue to DotGolf (and England Golf and Wales Golf) and are awaiting a response.

We will update the following entry on our forum with further news as and when available: "

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

"It has come to our attention that a change was made by DotGolf to the England Golf/Wales Golf WHS Platform last night that disrupts HandicapMaster accessing club membership lists from the WHS server.

We were not advised that DotGolf were planning these late changes to the WHS system and were therefore unable to pre-plan for this with our software release last week.

We are sorry that their WHS system change has rendered the facility to upload Date of Birth and Email addresses to the WHS Platform in HandicapMaster mostly inoperable.

We have reported the issue to DotGolf (and England Golf and Wales Golf) and are awaiting a response.

We will update the following entry on our forum with further news as and when available: "

FKINL

....are we sure the government is not running this project??

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

We are club systems and so far, so good with members registering through the day which is probably the reason the system keeps crashing :ROFLMAO:

Swango1980

Visit site
We are club systems and so far, so good with members registering through the day which is probably the reason the system keeps crashing :ROFLMAO:
Can I ask, when you log onto WHS Portal for your club, can you see the e-mail addresses and DOBs of all other players except yourself (i.e. they must be in the WHS for your club given members can log in)

Club V1 have not yet sent that data across to WHS for our club, but we contacted them today and said they would later in week. I was going to keep logging in to see if that data was there for other members. However, I'm assuming that would be visible to me, rather than hidden away for privacy? I guess it should be OK as I'm logged in as Admin

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Can I ask, when you log onto WHS Portal for your club, can you see the e-mail addresses and DOBs of all other players except yourself (i.e. they must be in the WHS for your club given members can log in)

Club V1 have not yet sent that data across to WHS for our club, but we contacted them today and said they would later in week. I was going to keep logging in to see if that data was there for other members. However, I'm assuming that would be visible to me, rather than hidden away for privacy? I guess it should be OK as I'm logged in as Admin

When I use my admin log-in I can see everything...emails, DoB's, inside leg measurements. I am currently trying to give a member access without him specifying his DoB to see what it allows him to do as I still haven't seen anywhere that it asks you to confirm your DoB or anywhere where it is obviously used in the log-in or registration process!! I'm wondering if we can set all members DoB to the same value like 1/1/2000....I mean the WHS makes no attempt to verify that a DoB is correct from what I can see...might be a solution for those members who are unhappy to share their DoB.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

You can only see the data of those who have registered so far and completed what they want people to see on the main page but you can drill down from there for other information.. Now set up https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/whs-isv-issues.107009/

IanMcC

Visit site
Comparing reports, I see that we have about 60 members without a CDH number. Almost all are long time non golfers, but 2 names in particular play most weeks. Should I create a CDH number for them now in ClubV1 before the changeover, or wait until after the 2nd?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Comparing reports, I see that we have about 60 members without a CDH number. Almost all are long time non golfers, but 2 names in particular play most weeks. Should I create a CDH number for them now in ClubV1 before the changeover, or wait until after the 2nd?

Surely his CDH number should show in your software if he plays regularly in your comps. I wouldn't have thought it a good idea to arbitrarily give him another CDH number.