WHS Handicap Index - Finally Revealed

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, I have now got access to the WHS Platform (as a member of the club Committee). I assume all golfers will then be invited to register next week? So, after the long wait , I now have my Index. It is 8.9, giving me a course handicap of 11 off whites and 10 off yellows at my place. My current CONGU handicap is 8.3, so it shows my bad performances over last few months have given me an extra 2/3 shots.

Actually, really confused. Under my playing history, my final handicap index is 8.4, as it appears in the search bar when I type my name. Yet, when I bring up the "Basic" information tab, the Handicap Index displayed is 8.9????????? Every member I have checked so far, their Index after their last score on Player History does not match their headline Index.

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I have now got access to the WHS Platform (as a member of the club Committee). I assume all golfers will then be invited to register next week? So, after the long wait , I now have my Index. It is 8.9, giving me a course handicap of 11 off whites and 10 off yellows at my place. My current CONGU handicap is 8.3, so it shows my bad performances over last few months have given me an extra 2/3 shots.

Actually, really confused. Under my playing history, my final handicap index is 8.4, as it appears in the search bar when I type my name. Yet, when I bring up the "Basic" information tab, the Handicap Index displayed is 8.9????????? Every member I have checked so far, their Index after their last score on Player History does not match their headline Index.
Have you checked on the CDH?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My club is yet to even share the charts to show the new allowances/ calculate your playing handicap! Are you able to advise if this is this supposed to have been done already or is there no guidance on when to do so from England Golf?

Swango1980

Visit site
My club is yet to even share the charts to show the new allowances/ calculate your playing handicap! Are you able to advise if this is this supposed to have been done already or is there no guidance on when to do so from England Golf?
Our chart was only delivered last week, the owner put it up in the Conservatory for golfers to see it, soon to be bolted on wall.

It may be that they haven't got the sign yet, or are simply not going to put it up until the changeover date? Presumably they have given you the Slope for each set of tees? Although, as some have said, there may still be clubs out there that have not even be measured up yet?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Our chart was only delivered last week, the owner put it up in the Conservatory for golfers to see it, soon to be bolted on wall.

It may be that they haven't got the sign yet, or are simply not going to put it up until the changeover date? Presumably they have given you the Slope for each set of tees? Although, as some have said, there may still be clubs out there that have not even be measured up yet?

We've been measured, I've found all that data from the link on another WHS forum, but it hasnt been shared with our members at all! They must just be taking a very relaxed approach to it all I suppose and will just stick it up when we switch over. Annoying though, I just kinda want to know what my handicap will be :ROFLMAO: Apparently thats too much to ask of our club at present! Thanks for the reply!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve been told mine now too, very confused as there seems to have been no PCC calculated for any of the rounds.... in a lot of my best scores the CSS went up a lot! So basically I’ve been screwed for playing wel in bad conditions

Swango1980

Visit site
I’ve been told mine now too, very confused as there seems to have been no PCC calculated for any of the rounds.... in a lot of my best scores the CSS went up a lot! So basically I’ve been screwed for playing wel in bad conditions
I noticed that as well. Course Rating for all mine was either that of yellows or whites (as expected), but PCC for everything is 0.0 when I know that was not the case with CSS.

I'm still massively confused as to why the Handicap Index on the scoring record does not match up with the headline Index under Basic info.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We received the under mentioned yesterday which seems a bit late in the day and thought they probably had this info. as I thought I was registered with EG.

Any comments would be appreciated.

“As a valued member of this golf club, your privacy is important to us, and we want to ensure that your data is used only in the ways you authorise. As a club we are affiliated to England Golf and they have requested the following data to be sent to them, from our records, together with scores, in order for them to process a WHS handicap index. Please choose below whether you are happy to send this data.

Date of Birth
Email Address
Gender”

Swango1980

Visit site
I think I've interpreted the mismatching Index.

On the Scoring History, I think the Handicap Index is the Index BEFORE you played that round. Therefore, if the headline Index is different, it means that your Index was adjusted after the last round. However, I think that will be confusing to a lot of golfers, especially as it jumps all over the place so it can be difficult to visualise why it changed to what it did. Also, it is weird that when you search for a player, their name appears on the search bar with the Index on their Playing History rather than the Index under Basic Info. However, if my theory above is correct, the Index on their Playing History is out of date, so no idea why it appears on the search bar.

Apart from that, it looks pretty good, first impression. Your best 8 scores are highlighted, and it shows your Low Index above the Scoring History, which presumably is the low limit for Hard and Soft caps.

IanMcC

Visit site
Is there a new website for this WHS platform? I come under Wales Golf, and as a M&H Secretary I access wales.cdh.GolfBox to check people's handicap. All of that is still in CONGU speak. CDH lookup on ClubV1 still in old money as well.
I have ordered the conversion charts and they have arrived. (One A3 for each locker room, and one A0 sized board to be bolted to the starters hut.) Not going to erect them until nearer the start date though, as people may be confused. I have sent every member a proof of the chart though, and also sent a presentation out explaining the changeover.

Mozza14

Visit site
I noticed that as well. Course Rating for all mine was either that of yellows or whites (as expected), but PCC for everything is 0.0 when I know that was not the case with CSS.

I'm still massively confused as to why the Handicap Index on the scoring record does not match up with the headline Index under Basic info.

I haven't seen any of this yet as just a Club member. Are the CSS adjustments somehow in the adjusted gross score/differential and not specifically itemised? Presumably you can cross refer to the CONGU record.Perhaps the PCC column is just for future PCC adjustments?

Mozza14

Visit site
I think I've interpreted the mismatching Index.

Apart from that, it looks pretty good, first impression. Your best 8 scores are highlighted, and it shows your Low Index above the Scoring History, which presumably is the low limit for Hard and Soft caps.

Does your Low Index look correct? England Golf told me it would be the closing CONGU handicap. I am still not convinced about that. Does your figure relate to anything like that?

Swango1980

Visit site
Is there a new website for this WHS platform? I come under Wales Golf, and as a M&H Secretary I access wales.cdh.GolfBox to check people's handicap. All of that is still in CONGU speak. CDH lookup on ClubV1 still in old money as well.
I have ordered the conversion charts and they have arrived. (One A3 for each locker room, and one A0 sized board to be bolted to the starters hut.) Not going to erect them until nearer the start date though, as people may be confused. I have sent every member a proof of the chart though, and also sent a presentation out explaining the changeover.
Yes, it is the England Golf WHS Platform. However, given you are in Wales, I'm not entirely sure what you will be using? We were asked to register a few weeks ago, and today they sent an e-mail saying it had been updated to inlcude the WHS Handicap Index values for players. So, I can basically look up anyone at my club (in fact, I think I can look up anyone at any club).

IanMcC

Visit site
Yes, it is the England Golf WHS Platform. However, given you are in Wales, I'm not entirely sure what you will be using? We were asked to register a few weeks ago, and today they sent an e-mail saying it had been updated to inlcude the WHS Handicap Index values for players. So, I can basically look up anyone at my club (in fact, I think I can look up anyone at any club).
Cheers for that. Sounds like Wales Golf might be lagging a little.

Swango1980

Visit site
Does your Low Index look correct? England Golf told me it would be the closing CONGU handicap. I am still not convinced about that. Does your figure relate to anything like that?
Definitely not the CONGU handicap, as that is not really comparable to Index (it will usually be higher, not for me though as I've been rubbish)

However, you can scroll down every score in a players record. I have played 53 rounds since this time last year (109 since Jan 2018), and each score has your index at the time next to it. My Low Index is definitely the lowest value I have had in that record since this time last year. Checking another friend, who has had 41 rounds since Jan 2018, but less than 20 since this time last year, his low index is 5.9. That corresponds to his Index 15 rounds ago, which was within the last year. So, I guess it works as would be expected under normal WHS. Mind you, 36 rounds ago, in May 2018, his Index was +1.2.

Mozza14

Visit site
Definitely not the CONGU handicap, as that is not really comparable to Index (it will usually be higher, not for me though as I've been rubbish)

However, you can scroll down every score in a players record. I have played 53 rounds since this time last year (109 since Jan 2018), and each score has your index at the time next to it. My Low Index is definitely the lowest value I have had in that record since this time last year. Checking another friend, who has had 41 rounds since Jan 2018, but less than 20 since this time last year, his low index is 5.9. That corresponds to his Index 15 rounds ago, which was within the last year. So, I guess it works as would be expected under normal WHS. Mind you, 36 rounds ago, in May 2018, his Index was +1.2.

That has logic to it but I was assured twice by EG that the LI would be the final CONGU Handicap on 1/11/20. So we will have to see if I was told a load a rubbish or they will substitute that in as a starting figure.