WHS - Did you go up or down?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

I know it's a bit late but just wondering the split between those people whose handicaps went up, down or stayed the same when we switched to the new system? Mine came down 1.8, is this typical?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine went down from 16.0 to 14.6 - then I played one comp and went back up to 15.1.
I forgot to add - while my index may have gone down, it actually meant I got 17 shots from the whites at my old course, so you could argue I'd actually gone up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine went down 1.5 but when you adjust for the course it is exactly the same. It is sleight of hand, no change. It allows people to swagger about having a lower handicap though :D

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Mine went down from 7.3 to 6.3 but my playing handicap for the majority of courses I play was still 7 so no difference in reality.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stayed the same however my home course slope rating means I've gained a shot lol.
I do have three low scores from 2018 which will get knocked off with a bit of luck once the season starts ?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mine went up. Had a few poor recent rounds which, under the old system only cost 0.1 each. However, when WHS came in, a few really good rounds (for me that is) fell off the back end and the recent poor rounds cost me dearly.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I went from 10.8 to 10.1, but playing went to 12. Anyones guess if I went up or down really.

This is why I find the quest to get to single figures amusing. I could get an index of 9.4, but still get 11 shots. I could get an index as low as 7.something, and get 9 shots.

Its a mess.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went down from 5.2 to 3.8 - which gives me a course handicap of 4, so I'll be playing off one less than I was before the change. Anecdotally, at our club lower handicap golfers appear to have been cut whereas high handicappers have gone up, resulting in some "interesting" stableford scores over the winter.

D

Deleted member 3432

Under the old system I had two and a half seasons of bad golf and went from 4.0 to 5.4

Under WHS I am off 5.7 and playing off 7 :ROFLMAO:

As long as my back stays loose I will be seriously dangerous.

My mate who has had a couple of consistant seasons and ended at 4.6 refuses to give me 4 shots as he is playing off 3 now .....

The interesting thing our hcaps have been no more that a shot apart for the best part of 20 years so this shows how much is weighted towards current form.

Subject to being able to play off white and blue tips I suspect I will put a few cards in from general play. Still interested to see what figures PCC comes up in comparison to CSS in competition play.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you mean playing handicap or handicap index? I think most people found their playing handicap stayed more or less the same, or continued their recent trend if handicap was on the way up or down. If you were at a highish slope course, then the handicap index came down compared to the previous handicap.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you mean playing handicap or handicap index? I think most people found their playing handicap stayed more or less the same, or continued their recent trend if handicap was on the way up or down. If you were at a highish slope course, then the handicap index came down compared to the previous handicap.

That’s were life gets interesting:

Index down 2
Course. Up 2
Playing. down 1