WHS - Did you go up or down?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Handicap was 6.9, index is 5.1, playing off 6, so despite having played like a drain leading up to the inception of WHS, I've been cut. What a fantastic system. :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Handicap was 6.9, index is 5.1, playing off 6, so despite having played like a drain leading up to the inception of WHS, I've been cut. What a fantastic system. :rolleyes:
You played like a drain and got cut...6 of my best 8 were in my last 7 rounds and I went up.
Its a fine system:ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stayed the same until I put in one more bad score and I would have gone up 1 under the UHS anyway.

No comps since that score was put in. Just needs one good score in the next 5 and I am back down again.

D

Deleted member 25172

5.0 to 4.4.

Once we conclude (if we can please first start it) this season, I don't think there'll be many left complaining about the system.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
18 down to 15 :mad:

A little off topic but could be handy for people who don't know. If you download the England Golf app it will tell you what you're handicap is at any course

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last comp of 2020 I got down to 11.4. WHS put me back up to 11.9! :mad:
Undoubtedly due to my poor comps before that but I'd already been punished by the obligatory 0.1 rise each time.
That happened to me plus they did not use the right tees for one round.
Bright side is if I play as well as I was then I have at least 4 shots in the pocket ... so might just wait and let the others in the same position shoot themselves out of contention.
Rule no 1, if there is a loop hole .. exploit it. If they are silly enough to leave it, that’s what will happen

D

Deleted Member 1156

Do you mean playing handicap or handicap index? I think most people found their playing handicap stayed more or less the same, or continued their recent trend if handicap was on the way up or down. If you were at a highish slope course, then the handicap index came down compared to the previous handicap.
Sorry didn't make it clear, meant HI. Looking at the responses I appear to have caused some confusion ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 1147

Same here.
I was on 3.3 at one point last year. But went up in the last few months.
But my handicap index is lower. So my congu was actually more accurate than my whs handicap.