Who's a lucky boy??

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
Despite the rain, this is turning into a great week. First off on Sunday I was part of a 3 man club team playing in a league charity day at the Vale of Glamorgan Lakes course. Free entry, free half way house and a great time on a fab course.

To top that - I haver now been invited to play the Roman Road course at Celtic Manor this week as part of another Charity day. Free tea-coffee + bacon rolls, 18 holes, 2 course lunch and free drinks. :()

Just praying the rain stops.

It's just a shame work gets in the way in between my golf, ho hum!

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
Muttllee.

My understanding is that the arranger of the day seeks sponsorship from companies etc, donation of prizes etc. This helps offset the costs, then there is normally a raffle - again with donated prizes, I believe those that play generally donate something.

As for me, i'm very matey with the wife of the organiser :(

Shanker: haven't touched a drop for over 3 years. I was massively overweight and alocohol was playing a huge part. Stopped drinking, made some lifestyle and health choices and now I've lost 12 stone. and more importantly can see my ..... again :D and even more importantly lost 7 shots off my handicap. :D :D :D