Help 4 Heroes Bearwood Lakes Charity Golf Day - Monday 21st September 2020

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We are off again !

Our good friend Rickg arranged the first Golf Monthly Forum Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day in 2010, and this will be the 11th holding of the event.

The event this year is being held at the stunning Bearwood Lakes Golf Club, near Wokingham in Berkshire on Monday 21st September.

Bearwood Lakes is a beautiful course, opened in 1996, and designed by Martin Hawtree. It is set in rolling parkland, surrounding by as you would expect lakes! Check out the website, www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk and have a look at the stunning holes. The course has been improved greatly over the last few years, and has some of the best greens you will putt on all year. Beware they can be a tad fast.:eek:

You can normally only play Bearwood Lakes with a member, as it is not open to the public otherwise. They do hold a few charity event, and the normal cost per player is £169. We have managed to get a great deal at just £85, which includes bacon rolls on arrival, 18 holes of individual stableford and a two course carvery lunch. Thanks to Ian Jackson and all at Bearwood Lakes Golf Club for giving us such a good deal. This is a little more than we have paid in the past, but the course and facilities make it well worth while.

The donation to the H4H Charity will be £25 this year, so the total cost will be £110. The charity site for donations is www.justgiving.com/golfmonthlyforumhfh2020. Once you have made your £25 donation your place is secure - so get your donations in quickly (y)

To avoid a lot of the rush hour traffic we are going to have a shotgun start at 9.00 a.m. so you will need to set your alarms for early o'clock.

To speed up registration I will be collecting the monies due to the club, £85 in two payments. £40 by the end of April and £45 by the end of July. Please note these payments will be made to me, and not to the justgiving site. You will need to pm me for bank details. I will then settle direct with the club. Should you have to pull out after making payments, these will be refunded as long as cancellation is not within the last few days prior to the event. Donations to the charity site can not be repaid in any circumstances.

Guests are very welcome as we have up to 100 spaces. Initially it will be one guest per forumer, but if you would like to bring more drop me a pm, and I am sure I will be able to sort you out.(y)

We are looking into arranging a game for the Sunday, details of which will be posted on a separate thread.

If you have any queries regard the day please ask on this thread, or drop me a pm.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm in. I'll be looking to play a few other courses when we're down there, any suggestions (unfortunately The Berkshire, Sunningdale etc will be a bit too expensive)? We'll be staying in Wokingham.
I was looking at Sonning, East Berkshire, Camberley Heath, Caversham Heath, Mill Ride etc; any feedback on which ones are better & which to avoid would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm in. I'll be looking to play a few other courses when we're down there, any suggestions (unfortunately The Berkshire, Sunningdale etc will be a bit too expensive)?
I was looking at Sonning, East Berkshire, Camberley Heath, Caversham Heath, Mill Ride etc; any feedback on which ones are better & which to avoid would be appreciated.
Camberley Heath is the stand out one of that list. East Berks short but tight. Not played Sonning nor Caversham Heath. I used to belong to Mill Ride far too many years ago and liked the course - in spite of tendency to stay damp (mainly restricted to places you shouldn't be) after serious rain. Worth holding off paying early, as owner a bit 'suspect' - plenty of details on the net about that!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm in. I'll be looking to play a few other courses when we're down there, any suggestions (unfortunately The Berkshire, Sunningdale etc will be a bit too expensive)? We'll be staying in Wokingham.
Calcot Park and Reading should be on your list. Have a look at West Hill. A bit further afield but they do good twilight rates. £70 after 15.00. Better course than those above in my opinion. Woking and Worplesdon very good as well, but probably more expensive.