Help 4 Heroes Bearwood Lakes Charity Golf Day - Monday 21st September 2020

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Suck it up and sort it out you knob!!
I remember 3 years ago I had to pull out of the old farts at the last minute because some selfish cow at work decided to take the same weekend off. Okay I sobbed for a few days, and the cat had an indent on it's jacksie that took nearly a week to disappear, but I dusted myself down and got on with the following years event.
Nobody does H4H like you do.
Yes dad.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I have a right hand women that does most of the hard work ;), but you would be very welcome to come on board in any capacity.(y)This year we lost Glyn and Cameron off the team. Think I might be difficult to work with !

I do have an idea for a course and have put out feelers, so watch this space.(y)

And Gordon's hugs just wouldn't be the same... ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Fully understand what you are saying Rich but H4H is a very different beast to a forum tour. The forum supports charity events very well and it would be great if a few more from up north could be tempted down. It doesn't need to go that far up the country, I'm sure somewhere between Londonville and Brum would do the trick and be more easily accessible to all?

Disagree Gordon.

The North West lads have/will travel south, just because its past Birmingham doesnt make a difference.

Theres plenty of quality courses dotted around the south we havent played and probably wont get another chance to play in at a really good rate with grub thrown in .I can only speak for me and Duffers but we prefer to play different tracks and enjoy coming down for the beers andwill continue to do so if dates suit.

I prefer a course I've not played before but I can't think of one I've played in the H4H day that I wouldnt play again.

D

Deleted member 15344

So far every one I have played ( West Hill first time ) has been superbly attended , every other year the NW boys make the trip down and they appear to enjoy it being at the top courses around Surrey/Hants etc.

People have travelled from all over the country to attend and don’t think there has been one course that has been a disappointment- Glyn does his trips that are mainly up North but being in the south helps it keep a number of factors , it’s also great to see some golfing friends that you haven’t seen for a year or maybe even longer

Makes dealing with the course easier for Rich , the GM staff are all in the area to help , the Battleback golfers are all based around south west london mainly and Rich army of helpers behind the scenes who along with Rich really make it all work.

It also helps when other step in to help arrange a game before or even after to make the trip worth while for us all . It’s a formula that works well both on the day and behind the scenes and it’s just a shame Covid disturbed it this year as it wasn’t the same without Rich and Vicky there and it wouldn’t be H4H without them both. I’m already looking forward to next year and will always be doing whatever I can to help it be a day that we will all remember

D

Deleted member 25172

I have a right hand women that does most of the hard work ;), but you would be very welcome to come on board in any capacity.(y)This year we lost Glyn and Cameron off the team. Think I might be difficult to work with !

I do have an idea for a course and have put out feelers, so watch this space.(y)

For losing interest in organising it for next year, it’s impressing that you’ve already put out feelers for next years track... ?

If help is needed, I’m sure there’s plenty of us who’d be happy to chip in in any way we can. When/if that day comes - please ask!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
For losing interest in organising it for next year, it’s impressing that you’ve already put out feelers for next years track... ?

If help is needed, I’m sure there’s plenty of us who’d be happy to chip in in any way we can. When/if that day comes - please ask!
Feelers go out well in advance Jakob. Can't leave thses things to the last minute.:) Soon as I get back playing I will be fine.(y)

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I will post the results shortly, but chasing up two cards, with eight scores on. At the moment it is very close with the top ten scores just a point apart.:eek: There will be a lot of countback checking, and just to confirm the back nine is as on the Bearwood Lakes card, and not the back nine holes you played today.(y)
It was a fantastic day, thank you to everyone who made it happen!
Are the results going to be posted on this thread? One of my guests did not too bad and is eager to find out how far he was from the top ;)

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Luton Hoo X 2, Blackmoor, West Hill, North Hants, West Hill, Camberley Heath, Hankley Common, Liphook, Tandridge and Bearwood Lakes in that order.(y)

How could I miss Hankley off the list, stupid boy!

I always thought Blackmoor was the first Year, did not realise it had been going before then. How many have played all of them, not many I bet?!

D

Deleted Member 1156

No worries if people are happy to keep it in the south, just thought it might be nice to tempt some of the Scots etc to make the trip down.

Simonsmh

Visit site
Same here. Would be happy to help if needed. Been a long time lurker here for years and make the odd post but never really got properly stuck in.

My circumstances have changed and I’m playing a lot more golf and have a lot of time which is a commodity that was previously in short supply.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
It was a fantastic day, thank you to everyone who made it happen!
Are the results going to be posted on this thread? One of my guests did not too bad and is eager to find out how far he was from the top ;)
Yes they will be posted tonight on here. As a teaser 36 points was the winning score, but also fourth place !

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Am happy to try and sort a round before/after again next year Rich.

Any other way I can help, just say. Only working 14 shifts a month has its perks (y)
Big thanks for sorting out the game at Sonning Dave. I last played there 43 years ago. Don't suppose it has changed much.:) Definitely put you down for sorting another game next year, after your sterling efforts this.(y)