Who would you pick as Europe's wild cards?

babylonsinger

Visit site
Assuming that Poulter and Garcia are already as good as in I'd like Bob Mac with the third pick. Lowry will get the third pick should he need it but if not I think he will go with experience over a rookie (Rose most likely)

Am a little concerned with how Wiesberger would handle it as whilst he's obviously a good golfer his game does seem to be wobbling with the team in sight.

peld

Visit site
for picks, assuming Lowry gets in automatically, i'd go Poulter & Garcia, then probably Noren - he has played quite well in the US this year and used to playing with quality players.

evemccc

Visit site
If I had three picks I’d go with Rose for sure, Stenson and Poulter. This is assuming Lowry qualifies… I would definitely want Lowry in there, so would not pick Stenson if Lowry needed to be a captains pick

evemccc

Visit site
I'd rather pick some rookies than the old guard based on past glories.

In principle yes…But as this RC is in the USA then I’d go with experience as they’ve experienced the heckling and rowdiness of American golf ‘fans’

Grizzly

Visit site
I really hope I'm wrong if he gets a pick but I have a feeling this may be a Ryder Cup too far for him.
I don't disagree with you in that, but you'd be a pretty brave captain to leave him out when he has been playing competitive given that record and the fact that, unlike say a Patrick Reed, he's not going to be any sort of disruptive influence.

IanMcC

Visit site
Like I said in the other thread, the picks should be Garcia, Rose and Weisberger. Poulter was shocking today. Lowry, Stenson and the big Scot who's name escapes me should all be before him in the queue, but they won't be.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like Weisburger will get into one of the automatic spots now

Lowry needs to win to knock out Westwood I believe it is

But looks like it’s going to be a straight pick between Lowry and Rose

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I wouldn’t pick Hatton even though he has qualified by right, he’s right off at the mo, in fact if I was him I’d withdraw
Rose is showing his class, but too late for me, Cheeseburger should qualify

Westy and Lowry should get a nod IMO
Poults? Not for mec

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Surely we have to take Ronaldo - everything he touches turns to gold at the moment...

Poulter - not the best on current form..the missed cut at the PGA won't help
Cheesy and Lowry will qualify leaving Westy needing a pick...he's starting to feel the pace I think...
Assuming Sergio is getting a pick it leaves 2 from Stenson, Rose, Westy, Poulter, RobMac or AN Other
I think Padraig will want experience so RobMac will miss out
If Rosie has a good day tomorrow he could get in
Henrik may have left it a bit late to show form
So he'll probably pick Sergio, Westy and Rose or Poulter if Rose has a shocker...

Most of this could be complete fantasy though...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wouldn’t pick Hatton even though he has qualified by right, he’s right off at the mo, in fact if I was him I’d withdraw
Rose is showing his class, but too late for me, Cheeseburger should qualify

Westy and Lowry should get a nod IMO
Poults? Not for mec

Youd withdraw if you qualified for the ryder cup lol yeah course you would