Who do you know on here?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My first meet was not long after I started playing. It was the kok over at frodsham. I had car troubles (??) an arranged a lift.

Podge was the first person I met off the forum, an he was dressed like a illumimous canary, I knew there an then I should have nothing more to do with this place

??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have met and played with loads of the forum members and have really enjoyed my years on here that have allowed me to do so, even though I've endured a huge mileage getting to forum meets over time. The furthest I've been to play with a member was this time last year when BlueinMunich and I played in Bermuda. The guys and girls I've had the opportunity to play with have all been a pleasure for me (not necessarily them ?)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I joined the forum in 2009 and Richart was coming to Somerset with some friends, myself and my dad met them at Oak manor.
My first meet was at Ascot hosted by Homer and I was very nervous on the first tee but actually won the day.
I have travelled many many miles to lots of courses and met and played with some lovely people some will be friends forever.
Everyone I have ever played with has been a pleasure totally different to how they sometimes act on here.
I’m sure I’m the same.
Too many great guys and girls to mention,and many great laughs.
Playing with Madadey and StuC have had me in stitches.
Best day on a golf course ever was with Ben,Brian and Rick at Hillside a day that I will never beat for laughs and good golf.
Kraxx and Khamelion just make golf a pleasure to play,they also make me look extremely good.
Unfortunately my travelling days are over and I will pick a few meets compared to before.
Will always do HFH out of total respect for Rick and Rich.
I would also play with everyone I have played with before without hesitation.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played with quite a few. Got drunk with loads more. Made some lifelong friends (unfortunately).

The good thing is that I’ve not met one person who I wouldn’t happily play 18 with again. I’d also be more than happy to go for a drink with every one of them (although those who know me know that I’d go for a drink with Hitler if he was buying the first round).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been lucky to meet a large number of the forum stalwarts on here at various meets up and down the land. Never had a bad game with any of them and the atmosphere after the golf has been played has always been top class

D

Deleted member 17920

Joined in 2013

Just been nosy really and didn’t know what to expect. 1st meet was Woburn that full throttle arranged.

Arranged to play with @fundy at his home club at the time with Rickg and oxfordcomma. Old brittle bones Fundy dropped out and my 1st ever meeting of a virtual golfer was Rick, he greeted me like a lifelong friend and that’s how I just thought it would be and I never looked back from joining meets and meeting people. I may have organised or two since then.

Ended up playing with over 150 forum members from here in the 40-50 meets I have been too. All who I would gladly play with again.

I would like to think I have met some cracking people who I would defo say that they are now true mates, I have stayed at homes of forum members, even stayed at @Liverbirdie house numerous times and I think that’s the true spirit of this forum.

Hell I have even found a chauffeur in @Captainron, we have played way over 100 courses together in 5 years. Well when I say played we have walked and cam has got the odd fairway.

You get out if this forum what you put in. I think I have certainly got to play some cracking courses with some cracking company.

Been out on some great nights as well in meets. Shame I can’t handle my drink though ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Joined in 2013

Just been nosy really and didn’t know what to expect. 1st meet was Woburn that full throttle arranged.

Arranged to play with @fundy at his home club at the time with Rickg and oxfordcomma. Old brittle bones Fundy dropped out and my 1st ever meeting of a virtual golfer was Rick, he greeted me like a lifelong friend and that’s how I just thought it would be and I never looked back from joining meets and meeting people. I may have organised or two since then.

Ended up playing with over 150 forum members from here in the 40-50 meets I have been too. All who I would gladly play with again.

I would like to think I have met some cracking people who I would defo say that they are now true mates, I have stayed at homes of forum members, even stayed at @Liverbirdie house numerous times and I think that’s the true spirit of this forum.

Hell I have even found a chauffeur in @Captainron, we have played way over 100 courses together in 5 years. Well when I say played we have walked and cam has got the odd fairway.

You get out if this forum what you put in. I think I have certainly got to play some cracking courses with some cracking company.

Been out on some great nights as well in meets. Shame I can’t handle my drink though ?

See, I got you an upgrade, just think how many meets might not have happened if youd got me not Rick!!!! At least I chose a decent curry house lol

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It started with a small meet of about 6-7 of us in the NW.

I suggested a few more of us got together and did a NW flatcappers trophy (current holder, Ithenkyow:)) where about 20-odd of us entered and it lasted for a few years. From that it got to a point where we had some mega-meets/holidays. Inverness trip over 5 days mainly with the Scottish and Northern guys, Yarkshire Platoon in attendance under sarnt major 2blue.

After going to H4H got to know a good few of the Southern jessies, so lots of them joined us for the Carnoustie/Aberdeen 4-5 day holiday.

Sunningdale trip (twice), 3 or 4 H4h's, RickG memorial day (twice), Royal St. georges/Cinque/Princes trip plus a good few more with the NW lads (Silloth/Southerness, Aberdovey, Leeds and the Masters/Mottram marathon drinking session) have seen me enjoy many more pints than pars and birdies on the trips, and all of them hold lifelong memories.

Ive probably played with 1-200 different guys and gals and in the main request that I play with new people rather than just the same old faces.

I always love the bevvies and banter afterwards, or getting a good few together for a meal. There are some real special people on here, and genuine friendships made.

We may only see each other 1-2 times a year but the smiles and hugs are genuine.

Long may it continue........just not friggin Stableford again. :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played with loads and met even more from the tonnes of meets I've attended and arranged all over the country over the years.

Help for Heroes meets will always hold a special place, especially my first at Blackmoor in 2012, as will all my rounds on the Centurion with Rick. I used to really enjoy Cooden Beach meets, used to have 3-days down there even though we only played on 1-day :p

Gainsborough was a good laugh, really enjoyed playing with Just One, trips to the NW to play with loads of dodgy geezers on the gold coast of links courses were top draw, even the nights in Liverpool afterwards in Mo's, or whatever it was called. 3-day Kent tours were good but the weather took its toll a few times and now needs to be a different month, trips to Forest Pines, Cleveland, Silloth and courses in all four corners of the country, the list is endless, especially with all the Surrey meets I've attended also.

Other than newbies on here, there must only be a handful of regular posters I've not played with, hopefully that will change.

So many different characters with varying golfing etiquette's and golfing abilities always make for a great experience and time on a golf course, so much so I meet up with many and play in their member guest events at their own clubs and get invited to mini meets & tours and Opens they arrange themselves through their own clubs, even though some don't post anymore, so for someone starting out in golf so late, I've probably played more courses and top courses than some who have played all their lives, such is the power and friendships that can be formed through this forum.

I don't think I've really been surprised by a forum poster that I've then met and played with, although I was called Potty Mouth by not one, but 2 after meeting them for the first time :ROFLMAO: One has become a friend that I play with quite regularly, the other we are poles apart in our views and opinions but I wouldn't hesitate to play with and share 18 holes with him, I think golf can be a good equilibrium.

If I hadn't been banned so many times over the years, I'd possibly have played and met a few more :eek:

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Blimey a positive thread!

Really good read and agree with all of it. Looking forward to some more forum meets once we are all out of this mess we are in, I think they will be even better in the future as we all will appreciate the good times a little more.

Played some great courses, met some good people, what’s not to like!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Met a few at the Turnberry visit a couple of years back. Remember playing with Jobr1850 and his mate on the second day, ashamed to say that I forgot who we played with on day 1 - I think it was a husband and wife? Met Lincoln Quaker briefly at Silloth on the way up, drank a couple of beers with PNWokingham, Richart and a couple others staying in the same hotel that night. Met with Homer, and I think Hacker Khan? and Fragger? and Paul? at a GM hosted positive thinking workshop at the Grove. And for my sins, I sometimes play in the same Sunday swindle with LiverpooPhil :eek:

Might have got Hacker confused with Khamelion? It was the "New Golf Thinking" day at the Grove back in 2014. I do remember playing in a fourball with Homer and Jezze in the afternoon.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I first came on here 6 or 7 years ago I think as I was looking at joining a course in the area. A fellow forum member I'd never met before recommended a course where he's just joined, fast forward to now and we are very close friends although he no longer plays sadly.
Met loads on various meets, never had a bad playing partner yet which says it all about this place.

D

Deleted member 15344

Great thread

I joined in about 2013 but didn’t start posting until 2014 - my first meet was at The Berkshire and the first forummer I met - Rick G who straight away made people comfortable. Since then I have played all over the country on little trips , day outs meeting so many different forumers and basically enjoy a great game but more importantly great company

The first trip to RCP was just brilliant - the night in the Kings Head with Rich , Murph , Pieman , D4S , BiM and the brilliant Blundell ??. Then a great trip to Liverpool with Rich and Rick meeting stu and everyone - Smokin Mos ?? and sharing a bed with @richart then playing Hoylake. Trips to Woodhall , and further trips the the south coasts. The excellent trips the Sunningdale- the night in the Pub with everyone inbetween was another great night

And then the H4H days - each one a perfect example of the good of this forum

I have been very lucky to have been able to play some great courses - I will always treasure my trips to Centurion with Rick who will always be missed by anyone who met him , and then my trips to Blackmoor to have a round with Rich or Bearwood with Paul

Getting past all the little bits of annoyance on the forum this place is pretty damn good and it’s made that way by the forumers

I think I have made some great friends and people that I will play golf with for a long time - ( poor them ) - there is no one who I wouldn’t have a round of golf with again or indeed anyone who I haven’t I look forward to having a round - apart from @Stuart_C ?

The forum is full of old , new , young , overseas and its that mix that makes it great

It’s a rubbish time for all at the moment but I’m looking forward to H4H and some rounds inbetween. Stay safe all

Last edited by a moderator:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just checked and I joined here on April 1st 2007, which I think was about when it first started. I'm in a lucky position where I couldn't even begin to write down everyone i've met off here as the list would be too long.

The best thing it's given me is that I don't really see many on here as "forummers" any more, quite simply they're good mates with whom I speak with often away from here. Pleased to say i've done many meets up and down the UK and will hopefully do many more.

In the early days there were groups of the NW contingent meeting up a couple of times a week and more in the Summer, which, at the time was amazing, but life and families get in the way and I think the fact that I ended up playing pretty much 5 days a week (I had normal club golf life to as well as forum arranged stuff) meant I had to reign it in a bit. I still love catching up with everyone and hope that once this crazy time is over we can arrange a good old NW forum meet like back in the day. Old and New forummers alike, for me, its what its all about.

Last edited: