Which Course is Worst Value For Money

D

Deleted member 1418

For me it was Liphook, last H4H day....but that was because I was absolutely mullered from the night before! 😂 Got to the club late, met my playing partners halfway down our first so didn't play that; didn't feel well enough to bend down and tie my laces for a least 5 holes; nor take any practice swings before each shot!! 😂

But the course was beautiful, I had a lovely walk round, and my playing partners were very nice fellows!!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Bit like that around other areas as well. South wales near Royal Portcrawl GC they are charging a premium as they are local to RP. Just didn't end up playing at those other courses as they priced themselves out of my market.

Golf is certainly getting closer to a crossroads on pricing, be an interesting next 5-10 years.

I was about to disagree, then checked. P&K is £60 and Southerndown is £55. I would have guessed at £35-40 for either! (I get reciprocals at P&K so havent paid for a while)

Newport even says on website £50 in summer... surprised... I am going to phone up tomorrow anon and see how much they want to charge...dont believe it's £50

D

Deleted member 15344

Cinque Ports. Whatever they charge is too much

Interesting as for me it’s a superb course and the £50/60 we pay on meets is amazing value

What is it about the course that you don’t like

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
They’ve done loads of work at the ridge recently as I walk my dog there whenever I’m at my caravan (it’s On a site opposite the 11th green) and it looks good.
All the greena were verticut recently, tees boxes are being sorted and diseased trees cut down.
There’s also a big extension being built for a new bar.
Another plus is that it sells curious brew lager
Agree with high elms though. Some USA friendly fire would actually improve it
Yep - new ownership, new approach at the Ridge. Picture emerging so far is that it's heading in the right direction.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
thats the problem, to attract the yanks the price has to be high, if its not an arm and a leg they won't go and think the courses are poor if the cost is low

Very true, but why not have local rates for SGU, EGU members? In the States local people get local prices. When I stayed in Hawaii for a bit I could get on courses for a fraction of the tourist price. Same with hotel room rates.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
De
Woburn!? Wow.

For me, worse vfm would be Royal Blackheath. Over rated and massively over priced. Green fee £60 from memory. Would rather play The Ridge or High Elms for £20 and agree they are not the best![/QUOTE

Definitely agree with this comment. Royal blackheath is rubbish since they cut all the trees down. Farmers field

D

Deleted member 17920

With their newly increased green fees for 2020
Close house at
£200 colt course
£100 filly course
Green fees
Without a shadow of a doubt the worst value in my area
Ridiculous?
Wow.

You could get a golf break to play both and stay over for £99 recently

D

Deleted member 17920

Yep, I'd heard they were increasing fees this year, due to getting the British masters again, but those prices are crazy, especially in the county we're in.
The colt is most defenitely Not a £200 golf course.

https://closehouse.com/golf/green-fees/
Wow.

That’s going to help the visitor income.

I am going to guess it won’t be long before we see the £99 deals again.