• I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Come on guys. If you keep going off topic the thread will be closed.

On second thoughts, has anyone got an opinion on the hole being made bigger to prevent the yips? Now that conversation should get it shut down. :lol:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
You will have noticed that in my previous post I was talking about etiquette in general. And so again I make the general point - I see no particular need for any rule of etiquette to be discarded unless the context in which the rule came about has disappeared from the game or has at least changed significantly.

There are no strict rules of etiquette per se.
It is more a customary code of polite behaviour or an unwritten code of practice followed by members of any of certain professions or groups and as such is more likely to evolve over time in a natural manner.
As the vast majority of golfers who voted on this poll "don't care (where PP's stand) as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way" that is the forum etiquette.
Well, it is as far as I'm concerned :whistle:.

Slime.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There are no strict rules of etiquette per se.
It is more a customary code of polite behaviour or an unwritten code of practice followed by members of any of certain professions or groups and as such is more likely to evolve over time in a natural manner.
As the vast majority of golfers who voted on this poll "don't care (where PP's stand) as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way" that is the forum etiquette.
Well, it is as far as I'm concerned :whistle:.

Slime.

I agree.gif

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
This thread could be used to find out who on the forum most needs to get a life.

All that needs to be done is for someone (who needs to get a life) to tally up the number of posts made by each forummer and whoever has the most takes the honour.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why change etiquette if it does not need to be changed. Rules of Etiquette evolved over many years and they evolved for many good reasons.

Off top of my head I can't think of any rule of etiquette that has been discarded over the time I have played - closest I guess would be in respect of stymies and that was well before my time.

Interesting and enjoyable thread (but far far too long) and not felt the need to add to it but I have to say that etiquette has changed in respect of the standing of single players. Once upon a time they had no standing and had to stand aside to let others through. Now they don't have to and indeed should be waved through if they play more quickly. Times (and attitudes) change.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thread could be used to find out who on the forum most needs to get a life.

All that needs to be done is for someone (who needs to get a life) to tally up the number of posts made by each forummer and whoever has the most takes the honour.

I'm currently in 7th place with 44 posts against SLH who has over 100. I really must get out more.
(and no i didn't add them up- you get this info if you click on "replies" in main Lounge page)