Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I don't care as long as they are quiet, still and out of the way

Votes: 187 83.1%
  • I am now aware of HNSP etiquette and will be using it in the future

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm staggered that this post is this long and although I've read bits n pieces, (if I read from the start I think I'll still be here this time next week reading) I may of not picked up on a view point, so sorry if it's already been said.

While there is nothing in the rule book stating where to stand, if you look in the professional game they all stand facing the player on the tee, all except if there is a left hander in the group then they are behind, as you can't expect the 2 players and caddies to then go over to the other side of the tee just to face him? as amateurs we tend to copy the professionals and do what they do. It's more a habit I think of seeing and doing, and I find myself at times standing behind a player on a tee after I've tee'd off thinking I need to face the player while he tees off. Why? Cos that's where I see the pros stand on the tee. Monkey see.........

D

Deleted member 15344

But the pro don't all stand facing the person who is teeing off

Most of the time they are back right on the tee.

V

vkurup

I think we should let SILH have the 1000 post. He can have the first and last on the thread which seems fair.:thup:

Oh no.. SILH seems to gone to bed and may miss this milestone... less than 10 posts needed..

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But the pro don't all stand facing the person who is teeing off

Most of the time they are back right on the tee.

does it matter if it's back right, centre right or forward right, they are SORT OF facing the player on the tee who is playing.

D

Deleted member 15344

But seen some also stand at the back of the tee and behind the player - seem them stand all over the place

But the main thing is they are being still and quiet

V

vkurup

Not being pedantic at all just stating what you see on tv you numpty.

Potential infraction alert... as deadly sin as standing on the wrong side :ears:

4 more.. come on SILH post it.. (you know u want to)

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When my dad was teaching me about etiquette and where to stand when someone was teeing off he did reference the 12 o'clock position as being safe. He also said anywhere behind the ball and well back will be safe. Standing down the line would be frowned upon. When he was saying to stand in the 12 position it was a "where to stand for dummies". It was an effort to keep me safe. I was a kid at the time.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
When my dad was teaching me about etiquette and where to stand when someone was teeing off he did reference the 12 o'clock position as being safe. He also said anywhere behind the ball and well back will be safe. Standing down the line would be frowned upon. When he was saying to stand in the 12 position it was a "where to stand for dummies". It was an effort to keep me safe. I was a kid at the time.

When my dad was teaching me about etiquette and where to stand he said keep out of the bloody way and shut the hell up!
Never did me any harm or got me into any trouble .................................... ever!

Slime.