When will it end?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive played one, very wet, round since the start of December. This weekend already looks a wash out. My course is already on 18 temps, and is ankle deep in places. None of the other local courses are fareing any better. Starting to wonder if I'm ever going to get out and play again:(

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have been travelling to Burnham and Berrow.
Also played Yeovil at the weekend.
Travellings the only way for us down here.
Tauntons got floods everywhere today,hopefully the strong winds will help dry the ground.
Fingers crossed for the 16th

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive played one, very wet, round since the start of December. This weekend already looks a wash out. My course is already on 18 temps, and is ankle deep in places. None of the other local courses are fareing any better. Starting to wonder if I'm ever going to get out and play again:(

If you're desperate to play, I was at Paulton golf course (think this is near you?) on monday. It was a bit boggy in places, but they had 18 full greens, and about 13/14 full tees, with the remainder of matts! Was only £16 after 12pm on a midday, a decent course for that price!

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played 9 holes two weeks ago and the ground was very wet and came off the course with trousers soaked from ankle to knee just by walking though surface water. I declared there and then that I would not play again unless there was at least a week of dry weather , and I'm still waiting............

John

Club Champion
Visit site
Its just utter madness now, surely something can be done. I bet tickets for the ark are going to cost a fortune.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Our greens are getting a bit bobbly, but only have two temps as there is green maintenance on the 2nd and 18th.

Otherwise reasonably dry, not really boggy anywhere. The joy's of chalk base :D

3Sixty

Medal Winner
Visit site

New Forest?

Bloody hell, that would be brave in this weather.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Would now be a good time to ask all those who hate Links Golf, but can't get on their soggy courses with loads of temporary greens, whether they still feel the same way?:whistle:

How's your course holding up guest100718? Worth considering a trip to the seaside?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw a weather bod yesterday on TV and he reckons the Gulf Stream which is causing this is locked in position and this will not change for at least 2 weeks. Branson's space craft is looking good and cryogenics till summer looks appealing

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our greens are getting a bit bobbly, but only have two temps as there is green maintenance on the 2nd and 18th.

Otherwise reasonably dry, not really boggy anywhere. The joy's of chalk base :D

This. Both our courses are fully open, full greens and tees, trolleys no problem.

really feel for anyone struggling to get out at the moment, with no end to the cruddy weather in sight, it must be tough.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I hit 30 balls on the range at lunch time. First time I have swung a club since 2nd October last year and it was awful to start with. Thinned the first 10 with a 6 iron. Picked up the driver and just lashed 10 balls which flew well. Picked up the 6 iron again and they all went well. I am not looking forward to 3rd March if the weather stays crummy in February.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been working at the range and so kind of happy where my game is but not hit a course in 2014. Suppose to play on Saturday but hardly ideal conditions. Still, even if I chop it I'm getting a game in

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Would now be a good time to ask all those who hate Links Golf, but can't get on their soggy courses with loads of temporary greens, whether they still feel the same way?:whistle:

How's your course holding up guest100718? Worth considering a trip to the seaside?:rolleyes:
Not just links courses. Certain heathland courses have been open all year, on proper tees and greens.:whistle:

Shame JustOne hates both links and heathland courses.:whistle:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Know how you feel - I'm in the same boat (as it were) - miserable

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a lesson this morning which had to be on the range as the place was waterlogged, a couple of hours and hit the range again to practice and the rain came down in stair rods!

At least I console myself that I'm learning and practising while most at my place arn't, that should pay dividends in the new year!