What's the best part of your game?

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just wondering what you consider to be the strongest part of your game.

I would normaly say that driving was my best part, but after chipping in twice today and hitting quite a few chips to within 2 feet would now say my short game.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would say that I hit fat shots fairly well at the moment and I have just about perfected my slice on to the neighbouring fairway.

Seriously though, my driving is pretty good at the moment and my sand wedge in from about 60 yards is OK as well.

holein1

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd say mine is 75 yards and in. When i was young there used to be a field and always spent hours with my wedge practising there.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am excelling at having more putts than shots at the moment!

Unfortunately, unlike Tiger, I'm not having 25 putts per round, otherwise I'd be rather happy...and very wealthy. :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't have an individual strength, but I am steady and reliable in most departments. I used to be hot around the greens, but not really these days. My game is built on safe and steady......I can end up with 18 bogeys or only 8, I'd rather play to 12 and make no horrible shots than shoot less with some stinkers and wasted shots.

My weakness is that I don't make many birdies, and my strength that on a good round you won't see me make any doubles....easy to say when I hit it like a girl!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think you and I were seperated at birth, Dave.

Don't have any exceptional part to my game but, now that I seem to have the chipping sort of sorted, I'm no longer embarrassed about any part of it, either. Mostly pretty steady.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Has to be my course management. I know what I should be doing in any given situation and the % shot vs high risk. Sadly my technique and general game at the moment mean that even though I know what shot to play and how to play it there is a major malfunction between brain and arms at them moment.

My swing resemble a drunken blind octopus on acid.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to be my course management. I know what I should be doing in any given situation and the % shot vs high risk. Sadly my technique and general game at the moment mean that even though I know what shot to play and how to play it there is a major malfunction between brain and arms at them moment.

My swing resemble a drunken blind octopus on acid.

Lucky octopus!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
for a high handicapper (24) im particularly good at iron shots from about 150 yards and in, when playing off the fairway. Something which an erratic slice doesn't allow me to do too much. My short game is probably my worse part, I really don't get enough pars for the number of greens I hit in regulation.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hit it well with the driver, but not far. Chip and putt well. Long irons are my weak point. Some of you will agree?

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think i have a single strong point, i would say my short game, however recently i have changed my chipping and pitching techniques, this is helping me to make more consistantly clean contacts, however im not used to it, so judging the distance is tough. I hit quite a long, consistant driver, i hit a lot of greens, but they are big at our course. My putting was my weak point, but i have been working hard to find a solid stroke and mentality, so im looking forward to that paying off(hopefully).

Looks like were all pretty good where it matters, 100yds and in on here

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's got to be my putting. I'm pretty good when the greens are fast and I only have to make a slow smooth stroke. I'm less happy when I have to put a bit of power in to overcome the speed of the greens, but I still think it's my strongest play.

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk
I'm deadly from 2 ft! Seriously though I don't think I have any stand out areas in my game. I tend to get hot with my driver for a while then hot with the irons, but rarely consistently. My weakness is definately my putting, which I plan to correct this year.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Chipping, definitely chipping and pitch shots.
I was deadly around the green yesterday and today I faired well also.
I don't do too bad with long putts either, although I scare myself stupid with 4 footers!