What sports do you play besides Golf?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Target Archery, belong to a local club and am an Archery Instructor for the Scouts

My Archery handicap is 17 which may not mean much to most of you, but it is about the equivalent of a 5 handicap in Golf

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The odd bit of shooting and sea fishing, but not much else now. Used to play cricket to a reasonable standard and was once upon a time a 1st cat Road Cyclist until breaking my let in 7 places.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
None at the minute. Have played football, cricket, and done bits and pieces of martial arts (including travelling to Thailand to train Muay Thai and MMA), but did none to a level worth shouting about. Wasted too much time as a kid playing football, which I was rubbish at, when I should have spent time playing cricket and golf, which I picked up in my late teens (cricket) - early 20's (golf).

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hillwalking, surfing and I'll say running although I'm well out of the habit after my most recent (2 yrs ago, lol) injury.

Used to play a lot of football but have had far too many ankle injuries and it's basically knackered now so I don't dare play any more.

Jimbop90

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still play football, although not to a very good standard, just like golf I stopped playing at about 15 and didn't kick a ball again until I was about 21, I was better at 15 but about 1ft shorter and 5 stone lighter. I'll need to find a new Sunday league team when I move up north though!

I've played a bit of tennis, cricket, squash in the past, and I've done the Great North Run twice, and doing it again in September. I should probably start training for that soon if I'm going to better my PB (1hr 42).

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Play badminton every week. Ironic thing is that i am probably relatively much better at badminton than I am at golf. Even though I have not had any badminton lessons since I was 10 and spend hardly anything on it compared to what I spend on golf.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
5aside league at the local leisure centre every Saturday morning -

Snooker once a week, normally Friday or Saturday evening - can safely say i play snooker better than i can play golf!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just payed my yearly club subs of £35 to the bowling club.
Started last year and love it, just play for fun/banter, not interested in playing sport competitively again.

Also do hillwalking, not so many high ones these days.
Is gardening a sport?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nothing these days. Use to dabble at cricket (ok wicket keeper but batted #12 with my average) and played an ok standard at footie. To be honest golf takes up all my spare time and the body isn't as good as it was

D

Deleted member 15344

Still play the odd summer league hockey game

Umpire regulary and mainly do coaching.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another one for Hill walking, although just one or two trips a year now. Ski also but again just normally once a year but did manage 3 Valleys and Zermatt this year :D