Sky stream

Mandofred

Visit site
Thinking about switching from Virgin (contract runs out on 26 Nov) to Sky stream. Seems simple enough, although no recordable box in the house. All we need is the box in the living room, one in the garage and the ability to watch on a computer anywhere in the house. So just a basic package plus one extra hub out in the garage I think. No sports, cinema etc.....we already have Netflix, Prime, Disney etc. I think it comes with Netflix, but I guess you kind of need a slight upgrade on that. Anybody like/hate Sky stream?

Mandofred

Visit site
Sky themselves have a very good community board with a dedicated Sky stream and Sky glass section

I can't seem to get on that site at all. Gone through Sky and then Google etc.....no pages open for me.

Mandofred

Visit site
We do watch a lot of Disney, Netflix etc....but we probably watch more of just the casual stuff (news, property shows (my wife), tv series etc). No idea what apps would allow you to just watch "regular" tv. Things like NOW I know about (Sky product?)....but that seems to have a few issues as well.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
'Regular TV' you either get through your aerial if you have one - or via the Freeview app. The Freeview app is preloaded on some TVs or you get a 'stick' or 'box' with the app on it. Or you can load it on your computer and cast it to the TV.