SKY Download failure item unavailable

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this?

Anything I try and download to my SKYQ box from Atlantic (on demand) is failing with item unavailable. Box has been reset, broadband reset etc. Only Sky Atlantic failing, other channels download fine, Netflix and Amazon stream fine. Seen a thread on SKY community, 48 pages long of people with the same issue. Anyone here seen it? Resolved it?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you eligible to download it? Is it classed as a box set for example?

Is it a HD program and you don't have HD for that channel? We have to change the download format to SD to allow downloading.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Are you eligible to download it? Is it classed as a box set for example?

Is it a HD program and you don't have HD for that channel? We have to change the download format to SD to allow downloading.

Yes, all the box sets and on demand are part of my package. This has recently stopped working. Eg I can't download Mate of Easton, which I previously could (tried as a test).

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this?

Anything I try and download to my SKYQ box from Atlantic (on demand) is failing with item unavailable. Box has been reset, broadband reset etc. Only Sky Atlantic failing, other channels download fine, Netflix and Amazon stream fine. Seen a thread on SKY community, 48 pages long of people with the same issue. Anyone here seen it? Resolved it?

My starting point is always to check for software updates. Normally resolves issues

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My starting point is always to check for software updates. Normally resolves issues

Has the latest version. After a long wait on the phone, they finally answered and said they are sending an engineer on 24th........ judging by the SKY forums (now up to 53 pages and still growing), there area lot of people with this issue and no one has been able to resolve it as yet.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
In case anyone else sees this. The Sky thread is now 57 pages long, but I have a resolve that works for me. I had to go into the SkyQ settings, edit the network and manually change the DNS IP from the Bt router to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1). Google on 8.8.8.8 also works. It seems as though SKY have made a change that hasn't propagated through to the BT DNS servers.

Last edited: