Moving House, Phone, Broadband, and TV Question

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the info. The house is two years old and rural so little or no chance of fibre being installed. I am looking down the satellite option at the moment for internet, but not sure of TV provider. A bit more research needed I guess.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The latest SKY is via broadband only SKY Glass

They may still offer it via a dish but it would need checking anyway but it still requires you to have broadband as far as I am aware.

If you are out of contract it may be worth just cancelling then you would get a new customer deal at the new house.

Speed of download is not just about the maximum connection speed quoted it also depends on how far you are from the box and how many houses share the same connection (contention)

Freeview can be had via a standard TV connected to an aerial or a good quality indoor aerial if you have a strong transmitter signal or via a standard dish and a freesat satellite box. The latter will give additional channels.

Netflix is download only via broadband. Smart TV, Sky box or stick in the back of the TV.

This is incorrect slightly. Sky glass is only via the TV built in. So you have to buy a new TV. Also it's just an option

Dishes and boxes still the main way unfortunately (for people in flats for example they want sky glass but without buying a telly)