Looking for Suggestions on Golf RangeFinders!

golferannasmith

Banned
Visit site
Hey! Fellow Golfers,

I am looking for some suggestions regarding the Golf Rangefinders.

How many of you use Golf Rangefinders? What distance can a golf rangefinder measure?

Also, let me know

Which is better?

A Laser Rangefinder or a GPS Rangefinder Watch?

Thank you!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most GPS units are watches these days...if you don't like wearing a watch then you're pretty much stuck with Skycaddie and there's a subscription involved with that....great units though
Lots of lasers around now..Bushnell is known as one of the best. Lasers are useless in low light, most and without line of sight. I got a 2nd hand Bushnell V2 about 9 years ago and it's still going strong..but I use it less and less as the Skycaddie gives me more
There's pros and cons with both...if you just want front, middle, back and a few bunkers etc then a GPS is the way to go...
Lasers can read, I think, up to 3 or 400 yards or more...don't really need that.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have both
If I wear my watch I probably use it 2 or 3 times a round,mainly because at my course I can see most flags.
I have a Bushnell V3 the next model up from Imurg and I’d be lost without it.
I would say if you know your yardages a laser would be my preference,but you could easily have both on a reasonable budget.

Skytot

Visit site
I have a watch which I only use for distances to the flag. It does give me distances to hazards but I can’t see them unless I put my glasses on which is too much of a faff..So I am considering buying a cheap range finder just for distances to hazards , doglegs ect .
Temu & AliExpress do very cheap ones which will probably be good enough for my requirements..
Gary Martin on YouTube has done a few videos reviewing cheap v Expensive. Worth a watch

D-S

Visit site
Most GPS units are watches these days...if you don't like wearing a watch then you're pretty much stuck with Skycaddie and there's a subscription involved with that....great units though
Lots of lasers around now..Bushnell is known as one of the best. Lasers are useless in low light, most and without line of sight. I got a 2nd hand Bushnell V2 about 9 years ago and it's still going strong..but I use it less and less as the Skycaddie gives me more
There's pros and cons with both...if you just want front, middle, back and a few bunkers etc then a GPS is the way to go...
Lasers can read, I think, up to 3 or 400 yards or more...don't really need that.
Garmin still do handhelds.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Laser rangefinder user. Range is as far as I’d ever practically need. Do not work well or at all in mist, fog or rain (depends on type of rain - not kidding)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have both a GPS and a laser.

I think the GPS has not been used for nearly 3 years as I hardly ever play away.

I know my own course so well that even the laser may only be used a couple of times in a round.

If you want maximum accuracy go with a laser if you are happy with there or thereabouts go with a GPS.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
W
I have both a GPS and a laser.

I think the GPS has not been used for nearly 3 years as I hardly ever play away.

I know my own course so well that even the laser may only be used a couple of times in a round.

If you want maximum accuracy go with a laser if you are happy with there or thereabouts go with a GPS.
What Jim said. I have both but only use the laser when I have 130 yards or less to the green.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a watch which I only use for distances to the flag. It does give me distances to hazards but I can’t see them unless I put my glasses on which is too much of a faff..So I am considering buying a cheap range finder just for distances to hazards , doglegs ect .
Temu & AliExpress do very cheap ones which will probably be good enough for my requirements..
Gary Martin on YouTube has done a few videos reviewing cheap v Expensive. Worth a watch
Buy a cheap Monacle on a string and tie it to your bag.
Works a treat 👀

cunnini

Visit site
i use golfshot GPS golf app on my phone (free) and i bought a rangefinder from Decathlon which was well reviewed on somewhere but i cant remember where! I use the rangefinder for temp greens, or for a couple of holes where because of lots of trees the GPS is always a bit iffy