What one change would you make at your club?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Bins for broken tees on every tee. Been off mats on every par 3 tee and the no. of broken tees, especially green plastic ones is appalling. Might as well as have the bins on all the other tees as well.

Mandofred

Visit site
Bins for broken tees on every tee. Been off mats on every par 3 tee and the no. of broken tees, especially green plastic ones is appalling. Might as well as have the bins on all the other tees as well.
All the par 3's I use
s-l300.jpg
....flipped over to the smooth side.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The one main thing we do not have at our club is a decent short game practice area.

We used to but one part of the land including a practice bunker and green was taken for the new secretary's office and later the second practice area, green and bunker was taken for range access, a storage are for the waste bins and practice nets.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get at least one of the 9 hole loops rated for WHS. The course is very much layed out in 2 loops but only the full 18 is listed in myEG for handicapping.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’d love to see our place take the bold decision to shut occasionally when the weather warrants it.

The management are so Hell bent on being the only club for miles around to stay open during the wettest weather that the course is ridiculously overplayed - ironically by members of the clubs which close - and as a result we often enter spring with it in an horrific state.

It is currently the muddiest I have ever seen it. Combining the wet weather, the churning effect of trollies and way too much traffic, and the lack of growth during the drought last year, means the areas surrounding many greens will need weeks or longer to recover.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Committees/ club politics aside...

What would you change about your club/ course/ clubhouse if you could only change one thing?

For me - Id improve on the woeful practice green area, at present there is almost no point in using our practice green, its nothing like our actual greens and there is no space at all for chipping/ bunker practice.

Just feel like id spend more time actually doing useful practice if the option was available to me!

Where I play probably had one of the best practice areas in the county, a proper large spacious green that ran like the course, plus another green for chipping & pitching along with 2 proper bunkers...
Until Warner, in their wisdom, ripped it all out for a car park! The week the diggers turned up I think a few members caught some flies in their eyes 😥
Would love to have it back. But have to begrudgingly admit the car park is pretty okay, and the new area is being prepared. It won't be a patch on the previous though.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have some drawn events!

Everyone plays in the same group with minimal variation.

It's boring and integrating new members who join on their own doesn't happen.

That is a joke. Proper weekend comps should be a draw. A single joining a club has little chance of integrating into the club. Open to cheating also.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’d love to see our place take the bold decision to shut occasionally when the weather warrants it.

The management are so Hell bent on being the only club for miles around to stay open during the wettest weather that the course is ridiculously overplayed - ironically by members of the clubs which close - and as a result we often enter spring with it in an horrific state.

It is currently the muddiest I have ever seen it. Combining the wet weather, the churning effect of trollies and way too much traffic, and the lack of growth during the drought last year, means the areas surrounding many greens will need weeks or longer to recover.

Our place is similar! The only saving grace this year is the grounds staff have actually roped off the front of the greens and some high traffic football areas but it’s a mud bath a lot of the time.

D

Deleted member 15344

So how do they?
Why only have 3 drawn comps?
Our summer Thursday medals are the only ones where you can arrange your own partners. Weekend one throughout the year are all drawn.

They contact organisers of swindles , play in empty spots ,enter matchplays , play in club matches - lots of ways to meet people and integrate

And we only need 3 drawn , the rest you can play with who you want - it’s what suits the members

People want to play with their friends, it’s a hobby for us all

evemccc

Visit site
They contact organisers of swindles , play in empty spots ,enter matchplays , play in club matches - lots of ways to meet people and integrate

And we only need 3 drawn , the rest you can play with who you want - it’s what suits the members

People want to play with their friends, it’s a hobby for us all

Sounds like it’s the old ‘Course I play with existing mates’ Vs ‘Club’ dichotomy

We all want different things. Some want to be a member to play a course many times at a reduced rate, others want to belong to a Club

Horses for courses and all

D

Deleted member 15344

Sounds like it’s the old ‘Course I play with existing mates’ Vs ‘Club’ dichotomy

We all want different things. Some want to be a member to play a course many times at a reduced rate, others want to belong to a Club

Horses for courses and all

Well the one thing we are for most is a club.