What Course Are You Most Looking Forward To Playing This Year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

sharpie9587

Visit site
Hi guys long time reader, this is my first post.

Im going to el rompido in spain, 2 weeks from now. Pictures look amazing so i hope the two courses there are as good as they look.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys long time reader, this is my first post.

Im going to el rompido in spain, 2 weeks from now. Pictures look amazing so i hope the two courses there are as good as they look.
Great couple of tracks, the salt marsh area on the south course is very tight which I believe is now the back 9 with the front 9 being nice and open. A few nice courses around that area and none to busy.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They do some good last minute opening offers in the first couple of weeks after winter shutdown something to maybe consider for next spring?

I wouldn't normally consider anything at the price they're after but a friend is very keen as a birthday treat. So we're currently considering a package deal including a hotel stay nearby. By paying that bit more you seem to get better value for money with two rounds included etc. Not exhausted investigations yet though, I'm sure there's a way to get a cheaper deal in peak season too.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't normally consider anything at the price they're after but a friend is very keen as a birthday treat. So we're currently considering a package deal including a hotel stay nearby. By paying that bit more you seem to get better value for money with two rounds included etc. Not exhausted investigations yet though, I'm sure there's a way to get a cheaper deal in peak season too.

Aberdeen resident?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to 36 holes on the Hotchkin end of May and in June 36 holes at a course I've not played before, Machynys Peninsula.

D

Deleted member 17920

Now that I have played Royal County Down, I can't imagine ever playing a better course.:(
Oh dear. It lived up to its hype then? It looks a ridiculously good place to play golf.

It's on my radar for next year

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oh dear. It lived up to its hype then? It looks a ridiculously good place to play golf.

Ditto big man if i can keep some holidays spare. Im tinkering with just a 2 day trip to RCD and Royal Portrush. Expensive I know but if I don't pull the trigger and pay the fee i'll probably never do it.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Ditto big man if i can keep some holidays spare. Im tinkering with just a 2 day trip to RCD and Royal Portrush. Expensive I know but if I don't pull the trigger and pay the fee i'll probably never do it.
Portrush is very good, and very playable in reasonable weather. Royal County Down is a beast, but a superb course in a stunning setting. there was some recent snow on the mountains when we were there.

If you want a recommendation for a hotel in the RCD area let me know, as the place we stayed in Strangford was great value, top food, and incredibly friendly owners.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Absolutely stunning Glynn. I will definitely go back. it is not as tight as I thought it would be, so if you hit a good ball it is playable. Some long carries over huge dunes. immaculate condition, and really looking forward to watching the Irish Open there at the end of the month.

S

Snelly

Managed to get a game sorted at Royal Eastbourne. Looks a pretty traditional set up and as it's a reciprocal then happy days. Anyone played it?

I have. It is rubbish.

The only saving grace was the total minx of a waitress who showed me her bow backed knickers. They were lovely and so was she.

Cancel the trip, save your money and buy some more shoes. You will get more enjoyment from polishing them and satisfying your fetish than you will from slogging it around there.

Or just go for a sandwich and pray that the raven haired temptress still works there and is feeling frisky in her latest Agent Provocateur smalls.

S

Snelly

Absolutely stunning Glynn. I will definitely go back. it is not as tight as I thought it would be, so if you hit a good ball it is playable. Some long carries over huge dunes. immaculate condition, and really looking forward to watching the Irish Open there at the end of the month.

I knew you would love it. The best course I have ever played and that means better than a lot of very, very good ones.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We were due to play RCD and RPR in Aug, but when we finally got a date the worked for everyone it clashed with the Home internationals that were being played at Royal Portrush, so going next year now. Even just playing 2 courses worked out over £700 with hotel and flights/ferry